Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/29/2020, 09:34 AM   #1
chris_s9181
Registered Member

Angry rodi i think no longer work need advice

i dont belive my rodi works anymore i know the membrain doesn't work like it used ti does it suppose to have normally one or two gaskets? no matter how i switch the tubes to the membrains beccause i replaced my old membrain of 2 years and none of my tubes stuff had in and out so i have no longer any idea what goes where but i could no longer get any water to drip out of my resein i am using a typhone system, my system used to at least drip normally it started to getting cold then it came to a slow obne or two drips every few seconds im getting tired of messing with it i been at this for a few hours for a few days im getting to the point where its to stressfull , if i can't fix this what RODI unit can i get that get ALMOST comes completly put togeather tubes and all?

chris_s9181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/29/2020, 12:00 PM   #2
chris_s9181
Registered Member

anyone?

chris_s9181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/29/2020, 04:56 PM   #3
Misled
RC Mod

What kind of RO/DI? A pic would help.

Unread 11/29/2020, 09:37 PM   #4
vsiege
Registered Member

He's right pictures would help.

RODI systems, while they are very similar, the neiunces between each make a difference. My first step to solving this issue, would be to break it down in small pieces.

First. I would be to locate the instructions that came with the unit to ensure each piece was installed correctly.

If you felt that they were, I would then contact Air, waters and Ice directly (based on you saying it was a typhoon system). They can walk you through troubleshooting. I do not have their system but they are popular.

Last thing, I have a pressure gauge installed on mine (different system) that gives me a good idea when the filters are getting clogged, super helpful.

While that's not a direct answer to your issue, I hope it helps to get you on the right path to solve it.

Unread 11/30/2020, 08:50 AM   #5
Vinny Kreyling
Registered Member

https://airwaterice.com/diagrams-illustrations/
Look up the unit you have ----