Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 09/23/2018, 04:37 AM   #26
FLReef32043
Registered Member

That looks absolutely amazing. Following - I have to see the end result

FLReef32043 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2018, 03:06 PM   #27
Dsekula
Registered Member

Filled it today (as much as I'm going to manage filling it for testing at least) so far it holds water.

Now the fun will really start KIMG1040.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Dsekula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2018, 03:40 PM   #28
Dsekula
Registered Member

Thanks to all you guys following along
My goal was building a cool system and to document the proof that I built it for better or worse. In the past I've done builds and while I don't need everyone to know that I built them it's nice to have proof when your accused of lying . I had no goal of having people follow this but I've gotta admit I find it awesome that there's even one other person out there that thinks what I'm doing is cool and has some appreciation of the effort I put in.

Thanks to all those who have been chatting with me to smooth out my ideas and fill in the gaps in my experience. You guys know who you are and this project wouldn't be half of what it's turning into with out you.

The next step will be building the lighting system. This part is 100% NOT my design. Two of my reef bros out there were kind enough to completely tell me how they would light this tank as far as the spectrum and exact sin waves I should find and include in each diode and what quanity of each. So I will basically just be making their ideas work from an electric standpoint. Thanks guys!!

Old 09/23/2018, 05:29 PM   #29
Bpb
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsekula View Post
Thanks to all you guys following along
My goal was building a cool system and to document the proof that I built it for better or worse. In the past I've done builds and while I don't need everyone to know that I built them it's nice to have proof when your accused of lying . I had no goal of having people follow this but I've gotta admit I find it awesome that there's even one other person out there that thinks what I'm doing is cool and has some appreciation of the effort I put in.

Thanks to all those who have been chatting with me to smooth out my ideas and fill in the gaps in my experience. You guys know who you are and this project wouldn't be half of what it's turning into with out you.

The next step will be building the lighting system. This part is 100% NOT my design. Two of my reef bros out there were kind enough to completely tell me how they would light this tank as far as the spectrum and exact sin waves I should find and include in each diode and what quanity of each. So I will basically just be making their ideas work from an electric standpoint. Thanks guys!!

I am thrilled to live vicariously through you in that lighting project

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2018, 05:55 PM   #30
Dsekula
Registered Member

Lol watch out, when my tank looks awesome you'll be flooded with pms for design ideas .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpb View Post
I am thrilled to live vicariously through you in that lighting project

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 09/24/2018, 06:32 AM   #31
McPuff
Registered Member

That is really impressive! Looking forward to more!

McPuff is offline   Reply With Quote