Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/17/2013, 10:14 PM   #251
puks
Registered Member

Actually they shown up but didn't work. But now they even are not listed. Thanks guys. Will try to contact Jen.

puks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/19/2014, 06:23 AM   #252
crabbyreef
Registered Member

Yesterday purchased and installed 3 Vertex Illumina Multicolor Aux Modules on my 36" SR260. What should be my approach when ramping up the new colors? I am keeping them fairly low especially the UV which I have at 5. My current color spread is:

Whte- 20
Royal- 70
Blue- 60
Red- 25
UV-5
Green-10
Warmwhite- 15

7 hour Peak
3 hour ramp
Sun up 9 am
Sun down 10pm

Any tips would be very helpful.

crabbyreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/28/2014, 06:48 AM   #253
DiazE
Registered Member

Simulating light movement over display

How do I simulate the moving angle of sunlight during the day. I have the sr260 and would like to only use two modules at a time from east to west to simulate morning light angle, mid-day and sunset at west as opposed to all the modules at the same time.

Thanks.

DiazE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/25/2014, 10:35 AM   #254
teflondon9936
Registered Member

settings

has anyone got any good settings they can send me for the vertex illumina ?i have alot of acans and sps ..thanks

teflondon9936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/19/2014, 06:49 AM   #255
mperl
Registered Member

I have never been able to use my V controller with my Mac, only with a PC. Anyone having luck with the latest 1970 desktop on Mac OS 10.9? How close to the tank do you have to be?

mperl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/19/2014, 06:51 AM   #256
mperl
Registered Member

I meant I have desktop 1970 and have not been able to work with it. I want to try the newer desktop 2026.

mperl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/24/2014, 07:36 AM   #257
crabbyreef
Registered Member

Mac OS 10.9 killed the ability to communicate with my panel as well.

crabbyreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/30/2014, 08:35 AM   #258
Tdog208
Registered Member

Same here... anoying that I must install windows just to program the lights.

Tdog208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/30/2014, 10:54 AM   #259
Tdog208
Registered Member

Well I feel dumb.... the software works fine in OS X 10.9 here are the steps

1. Security settings change
*On your Mac running on Mavericks 10.9 go to "system preferences"
*Now click on "Security & Privacy" which is located on the top row
*Once you are in, click on that lock image on the bottom left corner to release
*It will prompt a message telling you to enter your system admin password
*Enter your password and the lower portion will be available for you to make changes
* Click on "Anywhere". A message will pop up telling you it is less secure. Just click on the "Allow From Anywhere" button

Thats it!

2. installation of Vertex desktop
*doubleclick on the *.dmg file
*doubleclick on "install"
*the terminal opens and asks for the system admin password --> enter the system admin password
*the installation is started and the vertex Desktop icon has been created in the applications folder

3. use of Vertex Desktop
* doubleclick on the vertex Desktop icon in the applications folder to start Vertex Desktop
*click on "file" and select "Select V-Stick" and press OK
*click on "file" and select "update device list"

Tdog208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/06/2014, 07:25 PM   #260
Passer203
Registered Member

Crabby how are those settings working for you? How far off the water is your light?

Passer203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/29/2015, 08:49 PM   #261
CpBizz
Registered Member

Need Help! Master/slave setting !

Hey everyone,
I really hope someone can help me out on this one! I've tried and tried and searched and searched but cannot find the answer!

I need to figure out how to set the master/slave function for my 2 12" Illumina 260 units. So I have two 12" units over my 40gal breeder. I lucked out the other day and had one of the units set to master and the other to slave and was able to test it out by testing the lightning effect controlling the master unit in the vertex desktop program. Both units were synced and linked and would both do the lightning effect.

I had to unplug the master unit to aquascape and now I cannot get this done again.

I've tried setting the desired slave unit to "slave" by clicking through setting on the unit itself then set the desired master unit to "master" but I just can't get it figured out.

Anyone know how to do this? Please please! lol

CpBizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/29/2015, 09:01 PM   #262
CpBizz
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mperl View Post
I have never been able to use my V controller with my Mac, only with a PC. Anyone having luck with the latest 1970 desktop on Mac OS 10.9? How close to the tank do you have to be?
Did you ever figure this out mperl? I have an old macbook (2007 i think) and have the latest Vertex desktop and all v sticks working with light units. I run OS 10.7.5 .

Unread 04/04/2015, 02:41 PM   #263
taxman95
Registered Member

Help with Getting unit to turn on

For the past few days I have not been able to get my SR360 1500 to turn on.
I had unplugged everything and started over but that did virtually nothing. I would get a small flash from one of the LED's when plugging in one of the Mean Well Drivers. All the lights on the Mean Well Drivers and splitter box are on. The display on the end of the unit shows nothing and does not respond when pressing the buttons.

I tried again to connect with V-Link which does connect to the light but will not read or right any programs.

However when I tried hitting the light studio button the light came on, expect for the first pad. As soon as I hit OK everything then shuts down again

I saw a video on-line on how to reset the LED's and will try that on the first pad tomorrow, and if not it looks like replacement pads are available.

My concern is if the issue is also in the module that controls the display and v-link, and if a similar procedure or replacement pad is available for that.

Anybody had any similar experiences or thoughts on things to try and fix this?

taxman95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/04/2015, 03:56 PM   #264
Vinny Kreyling
Registered Member

Try speaking with Jen @ Proline Aquatics.
1-877-682-3474

Vinny Kreyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/04/2015, 04:02 PM   #265
CpBizz
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman95 View Post
For the past few days I have not been able to get my SR360 1500 to turn on.
I had unplugged everything and started over but that did virtually nothing. I would get a small flash from one of the LED's when plugging in one of the Mean Well Drivers. All the lights on the Mean Well Drivers and splitter box are on. The display on the end of the unit shows nothing and does not respond when pressing the buttons.

I tried again to connect with V-Link which does connect to the light but will not read or right any programs.

However when I tried hitting the light studio button the light came on, expect for the first pad. As soon as I hit OK everything then shuts down again

I saw a video on-line on how to reset the LED's and will try that on the first pad tomorrow, and if not it looks like replacement pads are available.

My concern is if the issue is also in the module that controls the display and v-link, and if a similar procedure or replacement pad is available for that.

Anybody had any similar experiences or thoughts on things to try and fix this?
My first thought was to suggest resetting the pads as you monitored. Other than that it seems like a slurry of things. Contacting Jen may be the best bet. I have yet to figure out my minor issue and have my lights currently separately programmed but I may have to contact Jen as well at some point.

Unread 04/05/2015, 03:43 PM   #266
taxman95
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny Kreyling View Post
Try speaking with Jen @ Proline Aquatics.
1-877-682-3474
Thanks

After opening the light up looks like something got fried. There is a brown spot on the plexiglass cover, and you could smell a burning smell on it.

Its still under warranty so will try giving Jen a call

taxman95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/05/2015, 03:49 PM   #267
CpBizz
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman95 View Post
Thanks

After opening the light up looks like something got fried. There is a brown spot on the plexiglass cover, and you could smell a burning smell on it.

Its still under warranty so will try giving Jen a call
Bummer…. well at least you know what the problem is and you can deal with it now! I wonder how something like that happens? How long have you had that fixture?

Unread 04/20/2015, 10:40 AM   #268
Emery
Registered Member

I have two 12" vertex illuminat over my 72 gallon bowfront. I plan on having a mixed reef. Can someone shoot me over some settings for a sunrise, sunset, moon rise and moon set. I tried playing around with the programming but I suck at it. Having two units instead of one does help either. Anything will help at this point.

Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/11/2015, 07:08 AM   #269
dubmaneh
Registered Member

Preset Color Temperatures

Hello,

So AI and Ecotech include presets for setting their LED fixtures at certain temperatures but I have seen nothing from vertex.

Would it be as simple as obtaining the graphs from those fixtures and transposing the intensities to the vertex LED to match?

Does anyone already have a setting for specific temperatures?

I have 2 1ft 260's on a 65g, both with the multicolor module. Specifically looking for solid SPS growth and coloration.

Many thanks,

dubmaneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/12/2017, 01:53 PM   #270
Gen21
Registered Member

Hi everyone...

Do someone have the Vertex Desktop for Mac nowadays?? I lost all my info a couple weeks ago and isnt available in the vertexaquaristik web page...

Thanks in advance!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 225gal system / 185gal reef tank / 40gal sump / Aquatronica controller / Aqualogic chiller / Sequence DART pump / and more coming..
Gen21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/12/2017, 01:58 PM   #271
Exceptionrule
Registered Member

I have it. pm me your email. It's about 3mb.

Exceptionrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/16/2018, 09:12 PM   #272
Epmar
Registered Member

Help! I need the vlink file

I just bought a used vertex light and can't find the software program needed to use vertex link. Can anyone help me?

Epmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/16/2018, 09:38 PM   #273
Gen21
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epmar View Post
I just bought a used vertex light and can't find the software program needed to use vertex link. Can anyone help me?

Send me a PM with your email, I have both Mac and PC Software

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 225gal system / 185gal reef tank / 40gal sump / Aquatronica controller / Aqualogic chiller / Sequence DART pump / and more coming..
Gen21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/06/2019, 09:31 PM   #274
Yin_Yang247
Registered Member

Got a used Vertex Illumina and can't find the Light Studio software to use V-Link.

Can someone email it to me? kevin72884@gmail.com

Yin_Yang247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/06/2019, 09:32 PM   #275
Yin_Yang247
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yin_Yang247 View Post
Got a used Vertex Illumina and can't find the Light Studio software to use V-Link for Windows.

Can someone email it to me? kevin72884@gmail.com

Yin_Yang247 is offline   Reply With Quote