Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/25/2012, 05:12 PM   #101
DrBegalke
Go Buckeyes!

How do you guys have the special settings programmed?

Current Tank Info: Latest project: JBJ Cubey
DrBegalke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/27/2012, 11:02 AM   #102
Animadverto
Registered Member

Hi Jason,

I have mine programmed with 8 clouds at a maximum duration of 4 minutes for each cloud and a 10% dimming on the lights. I'm not using the lightening feature at all. I'm guessing that the clouds will be random throughout the day as I did not see an option where you can specify the time frame for the clouds to appear. I would have liked them to come on during the most intense lighting period of the day. I hope that helps. If anyone on here knows more about this program, please chime in.

David

Animadverto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/02/2012, 01:56 PM   #103
Arati
Registered Member

thanks for the config download.

Current Tank Info: 150 ish gallons of Reef
Arati is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/13/2012, 04:19 PM   #104
crabbyreef
Registered Member

How does one upload your file to the device. I just can't figure this out.

Thanks

Mike

crabbyreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/13/2012, 06:07 PM   #105
notclear
Registered Member

I am not 100% sure about your question.

If you already have programmed the schedules, etc., then just go to File, select Upload Program, the program will then be uploaded to the lighting fixture.

However, if you meant that you have got a configuration csv file from someone, then you just have to first establish connection between your fixture and your computer, click on the Day button, then from File, select Load Settings, then browse to your csv file, click on Open to load the program file to your Studio Application, from there you can modify the schedules, etc. After that you just need to Upload the Program to the fixture.

But be careful with your Desktop version, you will want the file you got from someone was generated with the same version as yours.

Hope this helps.

Unread 08/15/2012, 04:00 PM   #106
medox
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animadverto View Post
Hi Jason,

I have mine programmed with 8 clouds at a maximum duration of 4 minutes for each cloud and a 10% dimming on the lights. I'm not using the lightening feature at all. I'm guessing that the clouds will be random throughout the day as I did not see an option where you can specify the time frame for the clouds to appear. I would have liked them to come on during the most intense lighting period of the day. I hope that helps. If anyone on here knows more about this program, please chime in.

David
Hello,

I have similar questions as David !!!

"Weather control Cloud questions"

I would like to know how it really works.

- If I put six cloud by day, I guess the 6 clouds appear only during the period when the LED are on.

- Is that these clouds are distributed beyond following day Period divided
by 6?

- Finally, if you put "maximum cloud dim out" : 20%, I guess it reduces the intensity of all LED 20%
Ex: White = 60%> 48%
Blue = 75%> 60%

- I would have liked them to come on during the most intense lighting period of the day.

Thank you for your answers,

stéphane

medox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/16/2012, 06:24 PM   #107
Animadverto
Registered Member

Notclear, you have owned this fixture longer than most of us on here and hopefully can share some information about this. Is it possible to program the clouds to come on during the most intense lighting period? Stephane (Medox) and I have the same question, but nobody responded. Also, what is the function of the "Wave Width" tab in the Special Setting mode? Thanks.

Unread 08/16/2012, 07:18 PM   #108
notclear
Registered Member

I do not set the clouds so I am not so sure but I doubt you can do that.

As for the wavelength, based on the change log on Vertex site, it says you can specify the optical length of the wave. But I have no idea on exactly what does this mean. Sorry.

Unread 08/17/2012, 05:26 AM   #109
notclear
Registered Member

Good news, I got the answer from Jamie of Vertex regarding the Wavewidth:

Let me try to explain this clearly. The Wave is the flowing change of intensity from pad to pad, left to right or right to left. It is associated to the West Point First, West Triangle, etc. I often refer to this funtion as a 'walk'. Our programmers have dubbed it 'Wave'. Very poetic.

If the Wave is at one, in any given wave function, the first pad will reach 100% of the programmed function (dimming, storm, etc) before the next pads starts with the function. When set at two, then the second pad will start when the first pad has reached 50% of the programmed function. With 4 Wave, the second pad starts at 25% of the first, the second at 50% of the first, the 3rd at 75% of the first, etc. I hope you follow this.

This can give a soft change of intensity or a strong change during a wave. This designation will be integrated in all wave functions. One cannot have a Wave 1 for moon and a Wave 4 for daylight (not yet, anyway. Could come, who knows). Your wave number cannot be greater than the number of main modules, obviously.

Other than the optical effect created, I find the wave allows a more natural sun transit effect, which lights the corals at changing intensities from different angles. Pigment and zooxanthellae distribution is thus more even in the corals tissues and you avoid that coloured top/browned underside effect.

Unread 08/17/2012, 09:48 AM   #110
Animadverto
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notclear View Post
Good news, I got the answer from Jamie of Vertex regarding the Wavewidth:

Let me try to explain this clearly. The Wave is the flowing change of intensity from pad to pad, left to right or right to left. It is associated to the West Point First, West Triangle, etc. I often refer to this funtion as a 'walk'. Our programmers have dubbed it 'Wave'. Very poetic.

If the Wave is at one, in any given wave function, the first pad will reach 100% of the programmed function (dimming, storm, etc) before the next pads starts with the function. When set at two, then the second pad will start when the first pad has reached 50% of the programmed function. With 4 Wave, the second pad starts at 25% of the first, the second at 50% of the first, the 3rd at 75% of the first, etc. I hope you follow this.

This can give a soft change of intensity or a strong change during a wave. This designation will be integrated in all wave functions. One cannot have a Wave 1 for moon and a Wave 4 for daylight (not yet, anyway. Could come, who knows). Your wave number cannot be greater than the number of main modules, obviously.

Other than the optical effect created, I find the wave allows a more natural sun transit effect, which lights the corals at changing intensities from different angles. Pigment and zooxanthellae distribution is thus more even in the corals tissues and you avoid that coloured top/browned underside effect.
Thank you! You have been most helpful on this forum. Jamie used to be really active on the Vertex forums and monitored everything like a hawk and responded to questions. What happened?

Unread 08/17/2012, 09:54 AM   #111
Animadverto
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by medox View Post
Hello,

I have similar questions as David !!!

"Weather control Cloud questions"

I would like to know how it really works.

- If I put six cloud by day, I guess the 6 clouds appear only during the period when the LED are on.

- Is that these clouds are distributed beyond following day Period divided
by 6?

- Finally, if you put "maximum cloud dim out" : 20%, I guess it reduces the intensity of all LED 20%
Ex: White = 60%> 48%
Blue = 75%> 60%

- I would have liked them to come on during the most intense lighting period of the day.

Thank you for your answers,

stéphane
Stephane, you may want to contact Jamie from Vertex directly regarding questions that may not have been answered on here. His username is KologneKoral. Good luck.

Unread 08/22/2012, 09:03 PM   #112
boomerreefer
Registered Member

I am new to the Vertex as i got my light a week ago. I have read the post and still confused on setting up the sunrise and sunset. Can some one explain to me or help me with programing the function in Expert mode. Help greatly appreciated

boomerreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/22/2012, 11:48 PM   #113
Animadverto
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerreefer View Post
I am new to the Vertex as i got my light a week ago. I have read the post and still confused on setting up the sunrise and sunset. Can some one explain to me or help me with programing the function in Expert mode. Help greatly appreciated
It seems that the "expert mode" is a sub program of the "custom mode". Your best bet is to program your light using the "custom mode" with the "compose color" tab along the with the graph on your screen. Upload the program and then click on the "file" tab and select "copy custom" from the drop down menu. Then, fine tune your program in "expert mode". Your sunrise and sunset program can now be done using different points on the graph. I hope that helps.

Last edited by Animadverto; 08/22/2012 at 11:49 PM. Reason: spelling
Unread 08/23/2012, 10:59 AM   #114
notclear
Registered Member

From the Light Preview button you can view the 24-hour schedule in 5 minutes.

Unread 08/23/2012, 12:58 PM   #115
notclear
Registered Member

I don't have the program with me but should be in the Special Setting sub-menu.

Unread 08/28/2012, 11:24 AM   #116
alanbates12
Registered Member.

Trying to figure out clouds in the special settings menu. This is what I have
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
I just want random clouds through the day. I want them to start at one end of the fixture and finish at the opposite end. I'm not really sure about the wave setting I'm thinking this means that two pads will finish there cycle before they move to the next.
Also I want to see what is going to look like so I hit, do cloud, but I do not see the fixture do anything.
So what am I doing wrong and how do you set up clouds?

alanbates12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/29/2012, 08:15 AM   #117
alanbates12
Registered Member.

Someone help me out with my cloud cover please.

Unread 08/29/2012, 06:40 PM   #118
alanbates12
Registered Member.

No worries I've got this thing figured out......

Unread 08/30/2012, 05:24 AM   #119
notclear
Registered Member

Can you share your findings?

Unread 08/31/2012, 08:31 PM   #120
alanbates12
Registered Member.

Quote:
Can you share your findings?

Light is new to the tank. After setting it up at 50% of the light capacity I wanted to add cloud cover. In the Special Setting menu I set up cloud cover. Here were my settings
Average clouds per day 8
Maximum cloud dim out [ %] 50
Maximum cloud duration [min] 3
Lightening Probability for a cloud [%] 0
Average lightening per cloud [n] 0 `
Wave Width 3

With this setting I could not see any cloud cover. I later changed the dim out % to 100 and eureka I’ve got cloud cover moving across the tank.

Unread 09/01/2012, 05:59 AM   #121
notclear
Registered Member

Hmm 100%, doesn't look like what we usually how to interpret things, there probably is a bug there. But it works is all it matters. Thanks for sharing.

Unread 09/03/2012, 12:06 PM   #122
alanbates12
Registered Member.

Quote:
Hmm 100%, doesn't look like what we usually how to interpret things, there probably is a bug there. But it works is all it matters. Thanks for sharing.
I'm wondering if it's like that because the power setting is so low,, 30%.

Unread 09/10/2012, 07:34 PM   #123
dparks001
Registered Member

Moon Light

Hi all,

Just received my SR 260 and I am able to set the day time but when I try to set the moon light I cannot seem to get the times to come up. I used expert in the Day light area and all times are set but in moon light I cannot get the times to come into play. Also when I try to exit the VLink it tells me the Start Up Settings are not set. They are for the day but I guess the moon is not. Help please. Thanks! Dave

dparks001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/10/2012, 07:48 PM   #124
dparks001
Registered Member

Moon Light Update

Ok - I see where it sets my moon light intensity on what colors I used (50% RB). But its at 50% all day and night (24 hours). How do I get it so it goes to 0 at 8 am through 8 pm and then grows from 8 pm through the night and goes back down buy 8 am? Thanks! Dave

dparks001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/11/2012, 12:51 PM   #125
notclear
Registered Member

I don't have the software here but you must have selected Moon Light, you should select the other option I believe called Lunar Cycle or something like that, from there you should be able to do what you indicated.