Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Advanced Topics
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/02/2021, 01:49 PM   #326
Isayso
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
I found a treatment and it worked!!!! 3 gallons of saturated kalkwasser all dosed at once!

Look! All my verminated are dead!

Did you kill the whe tank???

Current Tank Info: Hardware: 125g Reef,Mak4 for return,DIY 20G sump,DIY Beckett Skimmer(AF30) driven by a Mak4,DIY S.Denitrator,DIY Calcium reactor(PM), wavemaker .MJ mods on Swirlestein,Jebao WP 20,Lighting: 60 LEDs, moon lights
Isayso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/02/2021, 02:01 PM   #327
Isayso
Registered Member

I want to post an update.. ������
After the nuke and been free for over a year.. Last night I saw a group of
snails, recognized the flipping web
I almost crapped myself
After what I went through.. They are back again
So I went to buy stai less steel
Diagonal Nail clipper, and started chopping, there are a couple that. Can't reach, unless remove a few rocks, so I will do it leaving them means new population growth

Current Tank Info: Hardware: 125g Reef,Mak4 for return,DIY 20G sump,DIY Beckett Skimmer(AF30) driven by a Mak4,DIY S.Denitrator,DIY Calcium reactor(PM), wavemaker .MJ mods on Swirlestein,Jebao WP 20,Lighting: 60 LEDs, moon lights
Unread 03/02/2021, 02:15 PM   #328
Isayso
Registered Member

https://images.app.goo.gl/ABRD596jd4QfmmJeA
This is what o got

Unread 03/03/2021, 09:43 AM   #329
five.five-six
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isayso View Post
Did you kill the whe tank???

Everything in the tank died due to COVID complications.

I caught the rona and was QT in my RV and the people who live in the house I pay for thought that filling the ATO reservoir was optional because after a day or so the return pump stops making noise.

Well eventually they did put water in the ATO reservoir and an hour or so later the return pump started making noise again...at which point she remembered that you can quiet that pump by adding water to the underneath tank (sump).... which primed the pump and filled the tank with 2-3 hrs of kalkwasser that hat accumulated in the sump.

Fish were jumping out of the tank in agony. It was all over rather quickly 90% died within minutes 10% hung on for a week.

I did come up a lot of live rock and calcium reactor media though!

And all my germinated snails and aptasia are dead!

"I hate that hole"

Current Tank Info: SCMAS Member 225 peninsula euroreef RS180 Apex 400W X 3 20k radiums / Spectra mixed SPS
five.five-six is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/03/2021, 10:14 AM   #330
Isayso
Registered Member

Sorry to hear that

Unread 03/23/2021, 06:24 PM   #331
cwschoon
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPuff View Post
I tried the bumblebee snails... and they have been noticeably effective! There are several areas where I've noticed a massive difference pre- and post-snail addition. Even the small shells are gone. Only added a dozen so I think I'll get about 30 more of them and just give them some time. It seems they only go for the small ones but it's possible I just haven't noticed the larger ones being consumed. Regardless, the large vermetids are easy enough to manually remove.

So like I wrote earlier, had a friend with the same experience. I am confirming the same behavior from the bumblebee snails. They do work! Biological control, no need for chemicals, remove them if they become a problem for any other organisms (easy enough). Worth giving them a try and sharing your experience. Note: I added them about two months ago or more. So you have to be patient!

I noticed a few small ones but it was not an issue, until I moved a mushroom rock near some other corals and noticed the sizable nets they were casting. I added 10 Bumblebee snails to my 125 and am curious, is this enough? I put the plyers and screw driver to a few but realize that if a few are visible, there are bound to be more. I've subsequently seen the reports of plagues and I do not want to get to that point. Any advice in regards to the bumble bee snail and the amount I should have in my tank is appreciated.

cwschoon is offline   Reply With Quote