Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > The Reef Chemistry Forum
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/08/2012, 11:01 PM   #1
longra
Registered Member

nuvo h2o water softener

Am watching an ad for the nuvo h2o water softener that used citric acid to bind the minerals. Any one with knowledge or experience with them? The main question ... is the water they generate reef safe? Thanks for your feedback.

rick

Current Tank Info: 25g nano, big-o skimmer, 130w lights
longra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/09/2012, 06:49 AM   #2
Randy Holmes-Farley
Reef Chemist

Reef Safe as in no other purification?

It doesn't purify the water from a reef perspective, and I'm not sure how much citric acid gets added to the water, but the citric acid will drive bacterial growth, and I'm not sure I'd want that much in the way of chelating agent added tot he tank which might bind up things you do not want bound (namely calcium and magnesium).

Current Tank Info: 120 mixed reef
Randy Holmes-Farley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/13/2021, 10:10 AM   #3
Veldog
Registered Member

Nuvo H20 follow up question

I'm thinking about the nuvo H20 system for my home for scaling issues but wondering if it will have a negative effect on my rodi system further down the water line. Anyone know? Also I have an African cichlid tank I use tap water with, dechlorinate add buffer and searches lake salts to. Realize this is reef focused and that's my primary concern but thot I'd throw it out there

My city supplied tap water pH is currenty 8.0 and CA is 130 or 140 with the pool test kit. Thx

Veldog is offline   Reply With Quote