Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/01/2014, 01:15 PM   #1
oseymour
Euphyllia Addict

Vortech Mp10W flashing red and green

This afternoon one of my vortech mp10 started flashing red and green.

I have two of them so switched the wet side assembly and the problem is not there.

I tried cycling the pump or trying to reset the pump but nothing works.

Any thoughts on what to try next?

Last edited by oseymour; 10/01/2014 at 01:35 PM.
oseymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/02/2014, 06:41 AM   #2
Alex Y EcoTech
Registered Member

oseymoour,

It sounds as though the dryside may be the issue. If you purchased the unit within the last year, we will be able to replaced that for you under warranty. If it was purchased over 1 year ago, I would recommend replacing the dryside with new. Please contact us directly for more information.

Alex Y EcoTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/02/2014, 06:47 AM   #3
oseymour
Euphyllia Addict

It was purchased in December last year. I'll start the warranty claim today. Do I need to also ship the dry side in the package?

oseymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/20/2015, 09:23 PM   #4
Sk3213
Registered Member

I have the same issue. I purchased my MP10 today. I got it all set up and running when suddenly it stopped and started blinking red and green. I followed the procedures for both hard and soft resets and the driver just keeps blinking red and green. Suggestions?

Sk3213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/21/2015, 09:41 AM   #5
bizacon
Registered Member

Happened to me last week. Take apart the wet side and clean it.. and put it back on.

I broke mine while I was cleaning it ( genius i say), but when it went back on it worked. I ordered and installed a new wet side

bizacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/21/2015, 06:01 PM   #6
jminick2
Registered Member

happened to me on mp40 today, not happy.

jminick2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/22/2017, 03:02 AM   #7
Bigbibi
Registered Member

Had the same problem with 2 of my MP10s (2 weeks apart). Switched motors, wet sides cleaned etc, nothing.

As they were from 2013 and 2014, no warranty, so I went ahead and ordered a replacement quite drive . This got one of pumps working...

Now in order to save money and time, here's what I did to bring the old drives back from the red/green land...

1. unplug the drive
2. take out the wet side and give it a good clean (optional and not essential)
3. disconnect the motor from the drive (unscrew, disconnect the white plug from inside)
4. connect the power cable to the motorless drive -> this will make the drive flash red/orange
5. unplug
6 reconnect the motor to the drive
7. reasemble the drive
8. plug it in -> you should have a nice working pump now !

I did this to both my old drives and got them working . Now I have an extra drive sitting around

Claudiu

Bigbibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/11/2018, 03:05 PM   #8
chris8232
Registered Member

At step 4 still flashing red and green. No orange. Motor disconnected from control box
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbibi View Post
Had the same problem with 2 of my MP10s (2 weeks apart). Switched motors, wet sides cleaned etc, nothing.

As they were from 2013 and 2014, no warranty, so I went ahead and ordered a replacement quite drive . This got one of pumps working...

Now in order to save money and time, here's what I did to bring the old drives back from the red/green land...

1. unplug the drive
2. take out the wet side and give it a good clean (optional and not essential)
3. disconnect the motor from the drive (unscrew, disconnect the white plug from inside)
4. connect the power cable to the motorless drive -> this will make the drive flash red/orange
5. unplug
6 reconnect the motor to the drive
7. reasemble the drive
8. plug it in -> you should have a nice working pump now !

I did this to both my old drives and got them working . Now I have an extra drive sitting around

Claudiu
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

chris8232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/09/2019, 01:21 PM   #9
ktmaam
Registered Member

Old thread I know. But just incase someone else has this problem i have 2 mp10w's and both of them gave me flashing green red.. tried everything that was recommended, cleaned wet side (spun freely), dry side motor spun freely held a magnet up to it and could hear it spinning. Also shouldn't have to worry about it being in water or not lined up, the dry side should work and feel the motor in your hand..

My case was green red flashing light.. no matter what the buttons would not respond on both.. found a new power cable just a cheap 5$ cable with same specs and now they both work again.

Hope this helps someone else

ktmaam is offline   Reply With Quote