Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > The Reef Chemistry Forum
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/26/2020, 01:41 PM   #1
hkgar
Registered Member

Hanna dKH, bad batch

I have been using the Hanna checker for ALK and have been happy with the consistency. Whenever I open a new bottle I always run side by side tests and results are usually close enough for no real concern. (I am OCD about dKH). The last time I did that the old had been returning 7.8 dKH and the new 6.6.

I also rechecked wit ELOS (7.5) and Salifert (7.6)

I have 3 bottles of batch 8549 and checke them all. they all came back 6.6.

Looks like Hanna may have a bad batch?

180 gallon, 40 gallon sump, 3 250 W MH + 4 80W ATI T5's, MTC MVX 36 Skimmer, Apex controller Aquamaxx T-3 CaRx

Current Tank Info: A 2 Barred Rabbitfish, Red Head Salon, Yellow/Purple, McMaster Fairy, Possum, 2 Leopard Wrasses, Kole, & Atlantic Blue Tangs, 2 Percula Clown, 3 PJ and 1 Banggai Cardinalfish , Swallowtail, Bellus and Coral Beauty Angels
hkgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/26/2020, 05:46 PM   #2
outssider
Registered Member

I do the same as you. I use the older ppm version. the most I've seen reagent off is 2 ppm from one batch to the next and most of the time it's exactly the same....I even used the bad batches from a few years ago and they were ok too.....I'd definitely give them a call and tell them...

Current Tank Info: 75 Gal. Mixed reef mostly sps
outssider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/26/2020, 09:38 PM   #3
bertoni
RC Mod

I would have to agree that you got a bad batch. Maybe they will accept a return.

Unread 03/27/2020, 02:34 PM   #4
hkgar
Registered Member

I have contacted both Hanna and BRS.

180 gallon, 40 gallon sump, 3 250 W MH + 4 80W ATI T5's, MTC MVX 36 Skimmer, Apex controller Aquamaxx T-3 CaRx

Current Tank Info: A 2 Barred Rabbitfish, Red Head Salon, Yellow/Purple, McMaster Fairy, Possum, 2 Leopard Wrasses, Kole, & Atlantic Blue Tangs, 2 Percula Clown, 3 PJ and 1 Banggai Cardinalfish , Swallowtail, Bellus and Coral Beauty Angels
Unread 03/27/2020, 04:01 PM   #5
hkgar
Registered Member

BRS (Bulk Reef Supply, www.bulkreefsupply.com), stepped up and is sending replacements. Hopefully not from the same batch.

Unread 03/27/2020, 06:50 PM   #6
bertoni
RC Mod

I'm glad you got some help. Please let us know if the new reagents have problems.