Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/03/2014, 09:09 PM   #176
DirtinLa
Registered Member

Great idea

DirtinLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/02/2014, 03:44 AM   #177
Mebbid
Registered Member

I guess my clowns are dumb. Mine swim around the top of the tank and I just scoop them up with a net. They dont even really try to swim away.... I've had to catch them 3 times since I got them and they have been by far the easiest fish ive ever owned to catch.

Mebbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/05/2014, 09:30 AM   #178
Eac7466
Registered Member

Lots of great options

Eac7466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/08/2014, 08:35 PM   #179
Megaloptera
Registered Member

Uh...Mine is mean. I scrub my acrylic with a kitchen sponge with a nylon net around it. I can dip the corner of the sponge in the water and he will relentlessly attack it. I can simply pull him out of the water that way.

Megaloptera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/28/2015, 09:39 PM   #180
reef1972
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaloptera View Post
Uh...Mine is mean. I scrub my acrylic with a kitchen sponge with a nylon net around it. I can dip the corner of the sponge in the water and he will relentlessly attack it. I can simply pull him out of the water that way.
Mine do the same thing ,they are mean as well but pretty easy to caught

reef1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/18/2015, 03:17 PM   #181
ReefMagician
Registered Member

Thanks for the info!

ReefMagician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/29/2015, 04:20 PM   #182
manilaboy1vic
Registered Member

i was able to get two occelaris out when lights went out.. they never saw it coming... so easy.

manilaboy1vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/30/2016, 11:16 PM   #183
trifonr
Registered Member

my clowns refuse to be caught

trifonr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/26/2016, 08:58 AM   #184
125mph
Registered Member

Just caught my allardi yesterday. Used egg crate and blocked him off, then moved rocks from his side over the the other side and kept squeezing him to the corner. Too easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Synergy Reef CL44 Sump | Neptune Apex
125mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/12/2017, 07:24 AM   #185
rum3002576
Registered Member

i had to catch and relocate 3 last night, 2 came out super easy. the last one was a chore. i ended up draining the damn tank more than halfway down before i could get him

rum3002576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/24/2017, 03:56 PM   #186
dwayjesus
Registered Member

Nice info.

dwayjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/29/2017, 10:50 PM   #187
Ravenna
Registered Member

Rogue Tomato

Sometimes I can't help but laugh at the antics of my fish...most of them have distinct personalities and yes, I confess, I name them.

I have a Tomato called Rambo who is only about 1 1/2 inches long but thinks he's a huge battering ram. He originally lived in my 97 gal community tank and had recently become very dominant and aggressive towards several of my other fish, expressing this by slamming into them at ramming speed. Now this is a relatively new tank, inhabited for only six months, and many of the fish are juveniles who will move on to my larger tanks that are running empty still maturing. Rambo, with typical tomatoey IQ limitations had become determined to target his attacks on the most potentially dangerous opponents he could find- my 4 inch clown trigger Joe Cool, the 6 inch blue chin tang Charlie, and our new 3 inch porcupine puffer Puff Daddy.

We found Puff Daddy at the bottom of the tank and our local fish guru felt he either died by ramming trauma, or starved due to being terrorized by Rambo.
A week later I found Charlie on the carpet after he somehow jumped through the gap between the lid and the protein skimmer. Right or wrong I blame his demise on Rambo, probably because I was still upset about loosing the puffer.
I watched him chase Joe, but Joe thought it was a game. He was faster than Rambo and surged past him, spun around and slid sideways into Rambo causing him to desperately brake or swerve to avoid the trigger's threat.

Afraid of his danger to the other, mostly peaceful residents of my tank, I caught Rambo (no small feat) and transferred him and his abalone shell that he sleeps in, to the 47 gal predator tank. I was a little worried, but at least his murderous spree upon the innocents would end. So Rambo joined Sharky the blue velvet damsel, the purple lobster, Elvis the snowflake eel, and Lucifer the Niger trigger in the predator tank.

Would you believe in two days he had the damsel and trigger cowering in the big cave? And I can't find Elvis...he may have left the building...ahem, I mean tank.

Anyone want a tomato?

Ravenna

Ravenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/05/2017, 05:55 PM   #188
gabloo
Registered Member

Thank for the great info especially Maroon clown. I just got them and good thing i used clear cup to catch them.

gabloo is offline   Reply With Quote