Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/11/2015, 05:45 AM   #751
kukulin
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock and Awe View Post
Kukulin,
If you go to ebay and look for "smithdu" (Bookshelf Aquarium stand and canopy plans), you can purchase his plans from this build.
Thank you. Found it.

kukulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/03/2015, 04:07 AM   #752
RedEDGE2k1
Registered Member

Glad everyone has gotten some use out of my thread! It was a lot of fun....hard to believe this was 8 years ago.

Dustin

RedEDGE2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/10/2016, 05:31 PM   #753
Salty150
Registered Member

Yeah, time to revive it!

Salty150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/13/2016, 06:26 PM   #754
Salty150
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah30k View Post
D...,
Thanks so much for sharing your design. I made a few mods that were required for my specifics...

Mods already made
Basic dimension mods for a 163g tank 72 x 18 x 29h

Not enough width in my room to simply scale the original design as is so I removed the working area in the cover on the left and right (where the Vortech pumps would be enclosed. This saved me several inches.

Since I went with zero extra room in there I decided to put viewing windows on the sides.

Mods still to work...
I still need to shave another four inches or so. I can play with various options to squeeze them out.

I'm thinking of working the shelf design on the right hand side in the room corner but will play with that as well. Maybe round the corner a touch with the shelf?

The height of the whole unit is only as tall as the door. I hadn't noticed until I placed the model of the stand into the model of my room. I may raise the height of the whole thing depending on how the models look when I tweak it.

By the way, your model was SOOOO easy to work with and make these mods. The way you made everything components and had separate layers was awesome. As a new SketchUp modeler, I learned more from your example than the tutorials!

Thanks
Dang I wish I could find out how this worked out!

Love to make one just like it!

Salty150 is offline   Reply With Quote