Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Genesis Reef Systems
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 04/30/2018, 08:23 AM   #1
travis32
Registered Member

Mountaing to Brute Garbage can and sump

A completely different question. I'm using the piping included with the Genesis system for mounts along with the float housings and suction cups. However, the suction cups aren't reliable. I've had issues where the pipe fell over in my sump and the emergency float was triggered and it stopped topping off while I was gone for a few days.

Now setting up the new tank, I want to reduce as much error as possible. How would you recommend securing the floats to both the brute garbage can top off reservoir and The floats for my 75 gallon sump so they don't fall over?

Since I'm starting over, I'm highly open to suggestions. ANything from using PVC to make some type of anchor to using silicone or epoxy to keep the floats in place. heh.

travis32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/04/2018, 05:07 PM   #2
GenesisReefSys
RC Sponsor

Hi Travis,

The suction cups are meant only to stabilize the mount assembly in an area with turbulent flow. They aren't meant to fully support the mount assembly.

I would recommend creating the hanger assembly as shown on the last page of the Installation & Use Manuals. You can use a piece of 1/2" PVC if you need a longer vertical member. Then simply hang the mount assembly over the edge of the Brute garbage can and the sump edge.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Kevin

Old 05/07/2018, 06:12 AM   #3
bnumair
Dr. Reef at ur service

Hope this helps

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140319_190157.jpg (37.7 KB, 6 views)

"Reef Fast, You Crash, Reef Slow, You Pass" Mike's Reef 3:16

Current Tank Info: 350g DT,95g sump, 50g Frag tank, 4800gph return 4x Sea swirls. 6x AI Vega Color. 200# Pukani rock, dual recirculating skimmer, Biopellet, GFO Carbon rx's, Cal rx. Closed loop. 1.5hp chiller, genesis renew. Apex & RKE
bnumair is offline   Reply With Quote