Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/19/2012, 03:12 PM   #2276
DanW
Certified Stick Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryshark View Post
Hey Dan, I'm sorry to see the SPS graveyard. I moved a few months ago and although everything looked great for 2-months after my move, now things have taken a turn for the worst and most my sps is looking like your pics above.
I hope you're enjoying your new home and I wish you the best.
Thanks Ryan, sorry to hear about your troubles. I know how painful it is.

DanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/19/2012, 03:31 PM   #2277
mpoletti
You'll never walk alone

Sorry Dan to see your pictures, but those pictures look like they were taken at my house.

Good luck with the restocking. Luckily there are so many nice corals out now so some new corals may be refreshing.

c.) Why chase numbers?
#CoralsLiketoDisco #ReefSerenity
mpoletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/21/2012, 11:45 AM   #2278
DanW
Certified Stick Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpoletti View Post
Sorry Dan to see your pictures, but those pictures look like they were taken at my house.

Good luck with the restocking. Luckily there are so many nice corals out now so some new corals may be refreshing.
Hey Mark, I know that you know the pain. It was hard and had I lost all my SPS I think I would have gone fish only but I felt bad for those few SPS survivors and set up the pendant. It's refreshing to begin collecting again but I do miss seeing healthy colonies in the tank. I'm looking for a particular piece that was my favorite but so far no joy.

I don't follow soccer that much (actually at all) but that story about the guy that had a heart attack during the game was pretty scary.

Unread 03/22/2012, 10:32 AM   #2279
sonnus
Registered Member

Good to see you starting up again. The losses are very painful but the corals always seem to grow faster the second time around and even faster the third or fourth time. What was the special piece you were looking for?

sonnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/23/2012, 02:24 PM   #2280
DanW
Certified Stick Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnus View Post
Good to see you starting up again. The losses are very painful but the corals always seem to grow faster the second time around and even faster the third or fourth time. What was the special piece you were looking for?

Hey Aaron, how have you been? I hope that they grow faster as it's not much fun to see a bunch of nubs in the tank. Sounds like you have some experience in regrowing! I wish you were closer as I know you've got the good stuff, what show are you going to next? CFM maybe? The piece I'm looking for is the Ultimate's Purple Monster. It was one of my favorite pieces, the purple and white was a great color combo and it had an interesting growth structure. I haven't seen anything quite like it. I know that I distributed a few frags but I have no idea to who.

Unread 03/23/2012, 03:31 PM   #2281
sonnus
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanW View Post
The piece I'm looking for is the Ultimate's Purple Monster.
Oh boy, that's a tough one. Jared Butler is a good place to start, he seems to have a lot of Rommel's pieces (even if it's not on his site). If Jared doesn't have it I think he will know where to get it...

I'll be at the CFM in Fullerton in May(?), hope to see you there!

sonnus is offline   Reply With Quote