Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Long Island Reef Association (LIRA)
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/08/2018, 11:27 AM   #1
puckbs
Registered Member

Anybody have any HOB or canister filters laying around?

Started up the classroom tank again. 125g FOWLR. It has been a while and alot of the equipment has been damaged through multiple moves, an impellar rusted and cracked the Magnum 350 housing, intake tubes have cracked....the list goes on. Looking for enough to keep it going.

Not necessarily looking for free, but the cheaper the better. Eventually I hope to be able to run fundraisers here and get the proper equipment, have to prove the need first. I use it as a teaching tool and it also helps keep the kids calm. I work in a special ed behavioral school and it has been fun to see the kids get really into it over the years.

Thanks!

"Nemo me impune laccesit" - From Edinburgh Castle meaning "no one provokes me without punishment" (thanks to K for sparking that memory)

Current Tank Info: RIP 125g :-( 20g nano, 10g sump with asm mini g, mag9.5 return with 2 hydor-flos, 150w 14k sunpod
puckbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/08/2018, 07:53 PM   #2
bigsink
Registered Member

Hey Brad, no equipment to help you out,but good to see you around. Still in touch with Scott?

Current Tank Info: 500g guppy tank
bigsink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/09/2018, 11:20 AM   #3
puckbs
Registered Member

Hey what's up John? Yeah, it has been a while, haven't even had the tank set up for a few years. I bumped into Scott at HD end of last school year but haven't really kept in touch. Think he changed careers...railroad now? How's everything with you?

"Nemo me impune laccesit" - From Edinburgh Castle meaning "no one provokes me without punishment" (thanks to K for sparking that memory)

Current Tank Info: RIP 125g :-( 20g nano, 10g sump with asm mini g, mag9.5 return with 2 hydor-flos, 150w 14k sunpod
Unread 11/12/2018, 05:59 PM   #4
anthonys51
Registered Member.

I have a few hob. You can have one for free if you like
Aqua clear 70

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

anthonys51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/13/2018, 10:49 AM   #5
puckbs
Registered Member

That would be great Anthony, thank you! Just let me know some times you are available and we can figure something out.