Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tunze
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/15/2016, 09:12 AM   #26
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Yes, the general interface is the same but the setting limits are different, currently a Stream DC is Off (0%) and 20-100%, Stream 3 will be 5%-100% and while off is possible, off and on cycling is not as the pump has a start ups sequence to bring the magnet into levitation and needs a few seconds to start, so if you turn it off it will have to run the start up sequence and cannot rapidly be turned off and on, wave mode is instead 5-100.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/15/2016, 07:40 PM   #27
Bryan
Registered Member

Thanks Roger. 5% power is pretty much off for a pump

Current Tank Info: 10g nano reef
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/16/2016, 08:11 AM   #28
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Largely true but the effect it creates is different in wavemode, a shorter wave that still has a directional component.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Unread 08/21/2016, 04:00 AM   #29
Bryan
Registered Member

5% on may save a few fish as well.

Current Tank Info: 10g nano reef
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/08/2016, 10:07 PM   #30
ada60p
Registered Member

Any Update?

Roger is there any update on when the Stream 3 will be available in the USA?

ada60p is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/08/2016, 10:07 PM   #31
ada60p
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvitko View Post
Largely true but the effect it creates is different in wavemode, a shorter wave that still has a directional component.
Any update on release in the USA?

Unread 11/09/2016, 09:20 AM   #32
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Release worldwide should be very soon, by the end of Nov they will be here. They have cleared every test and regulation and production is starting, the manuals final revisions are all that remain.

Unread 11/11/2016, 01:07 AM   #33
ada60p
Registered Member

Awesome Thanks Roger!

Unread 12/03/2016, 11:26 PM   #34
ada60p
Registered Member

Question Update

Hey Roger it looks like the release might have been pushed back, one website shows the end of December 2016, any update?

Thanks!

Unread 12/05/2016, 10:17 AM   #35
rvitko
RC Sponsor

According to Facebook they have started shipping, we have not received them yet in the US and I know initial supply is very limited but we do expect them within 2 weeks.

Unread 12/09/2016, 10:21 AM   #36
this is me
Registered Member

Any update on the availability of this beast?

When a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, it's $4.95 per minute.

Current Tank Info: Miracle 360 gallons
this is me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/09/2016, 10:28 AM   #37
this is me
Registered Member

Not a single clue as to what he's saying but it looks like someone has already received and running the Stream 3 in Germany.
The pump appears to be noise-less.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YsZ8-4OB48

When a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, it's $4.95 per minute.

Current Tank Info: Miracle 360 gallons
this is me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/09/2016, 10:30 AM   #38
Nanook
Ancient Eskimo Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvitko View Post
According to Facebook they have started shipping, we have not received them yet in the US and I know initial supply is very limited but we do expect them within 2 weeks.
Looking forward to the new pumps! My 3 old 6100's are barely chugging along after 10 years Of course, my 6105's are doing good.

Current Tank Info: 375g Tanganyikan Tank & 470g mixed reef
Nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/12/2016, 09:19 AM   #39
rvitko
RC Sponsor

The first 46 pumps arrive this Thursday, by mid next week many LFS's Marine Depot and Aquarium Specialty will have them, the first batch is sold out but some dealers may have them available.

Unread 01/02/2017, 02:07 AM   #40
unze
Registered Member

anyone try one of these pumps yet?

unze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/03/2017, 05:37 PM   #41
Oshkosh
Registered Member

Yep, bought one and have it in my 4ft, approx 100 gallon tank. I replaced a gyre 150 with this unit and there are pros and cons with each as I'm still trying to figure out where to place it to get the best overall flow. Initial thoughts:

* Built like a tank, I can see why the warranty is so good as there aren't many parts that could break. No need to clean monthly like the gyres and no worries about breaking any parts as well.
* I have the unit in a vertical position at the end of tank with the deflector. The reason I did this is that I have an overflow in the middle of the back glass panel which would obstruct the flow if positioned horizontally on the back wall (which is recommended).
* The Stream 3 is about the same length of the gyre 150 (without deflector) but thicker. Unit is quiet on my 1/2" glass but the magnets seem a little weak to me.

Overall an interesting pump and with the bottom of unit only 5" from bottom of tank it can ripple the surface pretty well.

Oshkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/03/2017, 11:00 PM   #42
Adamc1303
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshkosh View Post
Yep, bought one and have it in my 4ft, approx 100 gallon tank. I replaced a gyre 150 with this unit and there are pros and cons with each as I'm still trying to figure out where to place it to get the best overall flow. Initial thoughts:

* Built like a tank, I can see why the warranty is so good as there aren't many parts that could break. No need to clean monthly like the gyres and no worries about breaking any parts as well.
* I have the unit in a vertical position at the end of tank with the deflector. The reason I did this is that I have an overflow in the middle of the back glass panel which would obstruct the flow if positioned horizontally on the back wall (which is recommended).
* The Stream 3 is about the same length of the gyre 150 (without deflector) but thicker. Unit is quiet on my 1/2" glass but the magnets seem a little weak to me.

Overall an interesting pump and with the bottom of unit only 5" from bottom of tank it can ripple the surface pretty well.

Can you please post some pics or better yet a video?

Unread 01/06/2017, 07:32 PM   #43
Oshkosh
Registered Member

Here are a few bad photos but hopefully it gives you an idea of the size. My tank is 24" wide by 21" tall by 4' long.

Sorry about the Vrolik wrasse, he likes to photo bomb...

Oshkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/10/2017, 01:30 PM   #44
805reef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshkosh View Post

How is the flow spread? I have 2 gyre's right now but not happy with how laminar the flow is. Looking for something that gives a better spread not just side to side but up and down also.

300 gallon peninsula, return:RD3 Speedy 230, Turbo's Rev4 L2 Algae Turf Scrubber, (2) Gyre 150s, Advanced Acrylic sump, (4) Ocean Revive T247s, Apex (classic w/ black sticker;):D)
805reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/11/2017, 02:32 PM   #45
MSHUR
ugust 2011

following

Current Tank Info: Reef Savvy crystal glass, Profilux network system,PS -Diuna T5-10 bulbs, BK SM-300
MSHUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/25/2017, 12:10 AM   #46
Mrlttran
Registered Member

Any update here? Debating between this and a 6105 for my 150g. It's 4'wide and 30" tall so I think I may place my it vertically as well.

Unread 05/25/2017, 09:08 AM   #47
rvitko
RC Sponsor

I use 2 on my 215 I set up in January, so far the main thing I am impressed with is outside of one snow storm early in set up from overdosing kalk, my Ca stays between 415-440 ppm and my Mg is between 1350-1400 and KH has stayed between 9-14 dKH. I took my pumps apart for cleaning last week and they were completely clean except for some slime and algae on the inlet/outlet, really no calcium build up. The high water flow through the rotor area and the reverse rotation self cleaning really do seem to work as advertised and I think a year between cleaning is not out of the question. I found horizontal as a sort of water cannon is what works the best for me, with one on the left and one on the right of a 72,24, 28" tank I can set up a really nice clockwise, counterclockwise gyre. I do plan to add 2 6055's as the flow is very low on the far side from the pumps, it works for now as that is just turtle grass but I plan to place a ritteri amongst the turtle grass and he will need more flow. The flow is enough that the surface moves and food on the sand bed slowly moves around to the other side, but it is not something you would feel.

Unread 05/25/2017, 09:16 AM   #48
Nanook
Ancient Eskimo Legend

I've got two I haven't turned on yet due to my build stalling because I need back surgery. Since I'm doing FOWLR on my 375, I'm going to put two on that tank as well.

Current Tank Info: 375g Tanganyikan Tank & 470g mixed reef
Nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/25/2017, 11:39 AM   #49
Mrlttran
Registered Member

What would the deflector be used for?

Unread 05/25/2017, 12:26 PM   #50
rvitko
RC Sponsor

You can either use the deflector or the grid, if you want to use the pump in a vertical orientation you would generally need the deflector and you may have a need for it in the horizontal position depending on where you want to direct the water.