Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/16/2020, 10:14 AM   #1
Joboo
Registered Member

Tunze Osmolator 3152 Nano issue

Hi Roger,

I hope all is well. I purchased a nano osmolator 3152 in December for my Biocube 29g. For a few months all was well until recently it has started to overfill beyond the float switch shutoff. If does not look like it is triggering the safety timer since I do not have to turn off/on to get it to work again. The increased water level is enough to decrease my salinity a few points which has caused some concern.

After the first mishap, I put a piece of cardboard between the magnet and glass but unfortunately it happened again. I'm little nervous about turning it back on now until I can find out the root cause. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
John

Its amazing how in this hobby it takes months/years of good husbandry to achieve perfection but it only takes a couple seconds for total destruction!!

Current Tank Info: 29g Biocube, 24lbs of Figi LR, Sicce Syncra Silent 1.5 return pump, Hydor Koralia Nano 240 powerhead, AI Nano Sol w/controller, Tunze 3152 Nano ATO, Parameters - PH: 7.9-8.15 Temp:79-81F ALK:7DHK CA:420ppm MG:1200ppm

Last edited by Joboo; 02/16/2020 at 11:08 AM. Reason: typo corrections
Joboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/17/2020, 09:23 AM   #2
rvitko
RC Sponsor

I would say the possible causes roughly in order would be :

1) Water damage to the float connection on the board or the relay causing the pump to remain shorted on. Such damage is usually obvious when the controller board is inspected, it tends to occur from water following the float wire in or a wet power supply tip being plugged in.

2) The software is corrupted by a power surge or possibly a faulty pump or wrong power supply and needs to be reset.

3) A siphon if the reservoir is not below the tank being topped off.

4) The float or controller is affected by a magnetic field, this can be a light, ballast, driver, power supply or a magnet. Any new equipment added is especially suspect. Be careful that only the original magnet holder is used and that the magnet is not angled or offset in some way.

5) The float is broken, usually such an issue is visible, the black ring in the float is a magnet and it is split or in pieces.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/17/2020, 10:42 AM   #3
Joboo
Registered Member

Thanks Roger,

I can confirm it’s none except for #2. How can I attempt and reset or tell if the pump is faulty?

Its amazing how in this hobby it takes months/years of good husbandry to achieve perfection but it only takes a couple seconds for total destruction!!

Current Tank Info: 29g Biocube, 24lbs of Figi LR, Sicce Syncra Silent 1.5 return pump, Hydor Koralia Nano 240 powerhead, AI Nano Sol w/controller, Tunze 3152 Nano ATO, Parameters - PH: 7.9-8.15 Temp:79-81F ALK:7DHK CA:420ppm MG:1200ppm
Unread 02/17/2020, 11:02 AM   #4
rvitko
RC Sponsor

We have to insert the board in a terminal, it is not a DIY process. I am in Austin, if you send it to me I can have it done within a day of getting it.

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin, TX 78753

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Unread 02/17/2020, 08:40 PM   #5
Joboo
Registered Member

Ok thanks Roger. Should I send the entire assembly? (pump, float, control box)?

Unread 02/18/2020, 08:07 AM   #6
rvitko
RC Sponsor

I only need the control box with float.