Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/02/2018, 06:55 AM   #1201
PacSun Service
Registered Member

@smokinreefer - Hello. Two pink bulbs will be too much. We recommend only one for 8 bulb setup. Best will be 5x Crystal Blue 2x Spectra plus and 1x Pigment int.

Best Regards
Pacific Sun Service.

PacSun Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/02/2018, 07:58 AM   #1202
shred5
Registered Member

Can you buy Pacific sun in the U.S. or when will we?

Unread 10/02/2018, 12:35 PM   #1203
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

We are looking for a partner in the USA at the moment - we hope that it will be settled soon.
Until then, any Customers which want to buy our products can buy them directly from us - we offer free shipping condition by Fedex door-to-door for NA users.
Simply contact with us at info[at]pacific-sun.eu for more details/pricing.

Unread 10/02/2018, 04:07 PM   #1204
smokinreefer
Premium Member

Fwiw, I ordered direct.
Even though they are over seas, all my enquiries have be answered in a timely fashion.
Can't go wrong with free shipping.
(I got killed with shipping and duties)

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

smokinreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/02/2018, 04:09 PM   #1205
smokinreefer
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacSun Service View Post
@smokinreefer - Hello. Two pink bulbs will be too much. We recommend only one for 8 bulb setup. Best will be 5x Crystal Blue 2x Spectra plus and 1x Pigment int.

Best Regards
Pacific Sun Service.
Reply, thank you I've since replaced one of the pinks with a blue.

I do like the color, closer to 14k now I'd say.

Unread 11/16/2018, 04:57 AM   #1206
Molatov
Registered Member

My 2 inboard t5s aren't working is it safe to assume it's the ballast if so does anyone have a part # for 39 watt ballasts? Thanks.

Molatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/16/2018, 10:19 AM   #1207
paal
Registered Member

When changing timers to toggle lights on/off: Can you hear the relays activating, or see the relay indication lights changing?
(lit (red) when lamps OFF / no light when lamps ON)

Anyway; I would contact pac sun service by eMail:
service"at"pacific-sun.eu

paal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/27/2018, 03:30 PM   #1208
smokinreefer
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molatov View Post
My 2 inboard t5s aren't working is it safe to assume it's the ballast if so does anyone have a part # for 39 watt ballasts? Thanks.
The remedy they suggested to me was to "tap" the relay through the venting on the side as I guess it's a common issue for the relay to get stuck.

It worked for me and has not been stuck again. Been about a month or so now.

Unread 11/28/2018, 05:09 AM   #1209
paal
Registered Member

^ Yup, I had the same issue.
So if you can hear/see the relay activating but the T5s don't actually change status, this is probably the case here as well.

Unread 12/11/2018, 03:55 PM   #1210
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hello
Im sorry, we missed that topic
About relays - in all actual lamps(T5) we are using digital relays and if you experienced any troubles with your fixture(hanged relays) even if its after warranty - please contact with our technical support we will send you new digital replacement for free.
Regards

Przemek

Unread 12/14/2018, 12:41 PM   #1211
Kattes
Registered Member

Hey!

My tank, 180 x 65 cm ( ie, ^26 inches wide) is currently lit with an ATI 8 x 80 W sunpower. I've been thinking about about adding a bit of shimmer and controllability and hopefully cut down on tube changes..

Looking at the offerings, the giesemann hybrid seems like a waste of T5's. ATI hybrid is, well, interesting but the LED array seems less than ideal and I don't think the 4 tube ATI LED would cut it. 8 bulb would probably do great since I could mostly run the blue led channels, but then again, I could just add some LED strips to my current module.

The pacific sun seems to tick all the boxes I'm looking for with good T5 reflectors and good LED clusters. But I'm inherently sceptic when it comes to LED coverage and I was wondering if I could hear your take on this matter.

Would the 4 x 80 W R2 hyperion cover my full SPS tank well enough, meaning both coverage and light spread? The 8 bulb ATI is barely enough. The 8 bulb version with lesser LED wattage is also interesting, but has the same problem as 8 bulb ATI - doesn't seem worth the price to just gain controllability and shimmer as pure T5's already get good results..

Also, is there a reason why no-one is making six tube hybrids? Seems like the perfect sweet spot..

Kattes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/16/2018, 04:01 PM   #1212
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hmm,
about 6 bulbs hybrids - it's good question, few years ago we did some polls with our distributors and they weren't interested about them.. Maybe something changed on market, we will do it again.. '=)
For your tank I suggest model Pandora Hyperion S2 4x75W (9 channels LED panels version made in SMT technology - like HQI) and 4x80W T5 bulbs. It will cover tank perfectly and you can adjust spectrum in very wide range...
Our lamps have native software for all available platforms (depending from communication layer - it's Windows/Mac OS X, Android/iOS).
Of course, full 3 years warranty (but to be honest - I don't remember aby warranty claim for our LED panels in last 6 years)..
If you need more details(or contact to nearest Distributor) - please catch us on info@pacific-sun.eu

Regards

Przemek

Unread 01/06/2019, 11:45 AM   #1213
smokinreefer
Premium Member

Anyone set their LEDs to give that crazy fluorescing pop?

I haven't really tinkered with any settings at all.
I'm currently using the Bali program and am quite liking the color rendition through out the day.

However I would like to have a morning period and evening period with just blue/UV so I can have some viewing time to enjoy those insane fluorescing corals!

Any idea how to accomplish this?

Unread 01/06/2019, 12:54 PM   #1214
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hello
We have in our shop modified PAR table where for first three hours lamp is working on full spectrum(for corals growth/pigmentation) than for next 7 hours its working with almost blue light(red/orange/cyan/green removed from spectrum) and corals pop very nicely ;-).
So depending from you using PAR table you can set which channels you want to have on/off in each hours..
Regards
Przemek

Unread 01/06/2019, 06:59 PM   #1215
mrtint
Registered Member

Pacific Sun Pandora hyperion hybrid Fanclub

Hello
I have the pandora Hyperion SMT. After I changed bulbs..... one bank of the T5 bulbs will flicker all night. You can barely notice it unless the room is very dark. This happened last time I changed bulbs.
Is this a grounding issue? All
Lights are plugged into 2 different EB8’s on my Apex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrtint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/08/2019, 06:21 AM   #1216
PacSun Service
Registered Member

@mrtint
Hello

Please check your grounding for T5 as this is caused in most cases by not proper grounding in T5 socket. You could also try to rotate T5 tubes - if you have writings on T5 tube on left side please mount in on right side also all tubes please install in the same way.

Best regards
Pacific Sun Service

PacSun Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/08/2019, 07:53 AM   #1217
claudacate
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post
Hello
We have in our shop modified PAR table where for first three hours lamp is working on full spectrum(for corals growth/pigmentation) than for next 7 hours its working with almost blue light(red/orange/cyan/green removed from spectrum) and corals pop very nicely ;-).
So depending from you using PAR table you can set which channels you want to have on/off in each hours..
Regards
Przemek
Hi,
I realize every tank is different, but it would be nice to have some reference as how to use our pacific sun led lamps. Maybe you could post your tank size, depth, water parameters, types of corals, led,t5 daylight settings, color settings, and par table setting? This way we could use this information and dial in our light. Maybe even a photo of the tank to see how far away from water surface to hang the lamp.

claudacate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/08/2019, 09:18 AM   #1218
mrtint
Registered Member

Good Morning Prezmek
You guys ever think of making a metal halide/T5 fixture. Seems like your set up for it. Instead of the LED you insert HQI DE bulbs. If you want to modify one... I will but it
Thank You

Unread 01/08/2019, 10:45 AM   #1219
paal
Registered Member

^
Yes, please!

Unread 01/08/2019, 03:02 PM   #1220
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hello
Many, many years ago in far, far away galactics... ;-)
Almost 10 years ago we released fixture called Europa with SE bulbs (250W/400W) - it was very nice(but quite big) fixture with super cooled ballasts and T5 bulbs(replaced after that for LED tubes) ... It was wireless(!) and all channels for T5 bulbs were controlled separately :-)
We sold maybe 15- maybe 20 units within almost 1.5 year and we stopped project.
It was LED lamps time and nobody wanted to buy metal halide lamps.
Starting new project is not cheap - and we still are not sure about potential sales..

Unread 01/08/2019, 03:15 PM   #1221
mrtint
Registered Member

Quote:
Hello
Almost 10 years ago we released fixture called Europa with SE bulbs (250W/400W) - it was very nice(but quite big) fixture with super cooled ballasts and T5 bulbs(replaced after that for LED tubes) ... It was wireless(!) and all channels for T5 bulbs were controlled separately :-)
We sold maybe 15- maybe 20 units within almost 1.5 year and we stopped project.
It was LED lamps time and nobody wanted to buy metal halide lamps.
Starting new project is not cheap - and we still are not sure about potential sales..

That thing is huge but nice. See if you have an old one in back you can sell me

Unread 01/08/2019, 03:58 PM   #1222
paal
Registered Member

Quote:
Hello
...where acros grow like weeds!

Omg, it looks A W E S O M E !

Put that fat *** through a modern 2019 wife approval redesign system and maybe you will have a winner?
I mean... I guess the MH market is super niche but then again; it's not like there is a lot of competition? Giesemann are probably the only ones who makes something that does not look awful(?)

I'm happy with the Pand.Hyp, but I must admit I still miss MH.

Unread 01/08/2019, 04:21 PM   #1223
mrtint
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paal View Post
...where acros grow like weeds!

Omg, it looks A W E S O M E !

Put that fat *** through a modern 2019 wife approval redesign system and maybe you will have a winner?

I mean... I guess the MH market is super niche but then again; it's not like there is a lot of competition? Giesemann are probably the only ones who makes something that does not look awful(?)

I'm happy with the Pand.Hyp, but I must admit I still miss MH.

No kidding. A HQI DE in the fixture they have now would be sweet. If they incorporate the control over the fixture (like they have now) it would surpass giesemann. I personally love my Pandora Hyperion but after seeing 2 tanks over the weekend that’s were same age as mine (2.5 years) but ran metal halides, I am considering going back. I hate to give up on a beautiful fixture.
Why don’t u create the ULTIMATE fixture HQI/LED/T5 this way we can’t whine. You can do 4xT5 1x145w led and 2 HQI DEb250w
You will be the first to market and own it! Then we can have LED for sun up and down (Bali) we can run T5 most the day and HQI mid day for max growth. We set APEX to turn HQI off if temp exceeded X so in hot months we still wouldn’t need a chiller. There has to be better ballast on markets that don’t cause the house lights to dim when halides come on

I say run a poll and see it there is a demand for them. I personally think they will make a comeback because they still have not bridged the gap from LED to metal halide

Unread 01/08/2019, 04:36 PM   #1224
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

We will discuss it tomorrow in our warehouse and will start a poll.

Unread 01/08/2019, 04:40 PM   #1225
paal
Registered Member

yeeeeeees!