Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 02/11/2019, 09:30 AM   #3176
heuerfan
Registered Member

He is on the thin side but the good thing is his belly looks nice and full As long as he is eating keep him well fed and he will start to bulk up, just takes some time. If you can get him eating pellets that would help a lot as well.

Good luck!

heuerfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/11/2019, 09:37 AM   #3177
jjoos99
Registered Member

I received 2 idols from a wholesaler last week. One came in with a buoyancy issue and didnt make it past the first day. the other one was eating by the second day. it was funny watching it eat the new food for the first time. He would take a bite of food and shake his head back and forth like he was saying YUCK. Eating brine, mysis, and krill so far. Not much going for nori yet.
Jeff

jjoos99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/11/2019, 10:19 AM   #3178
pfan151
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heuerfan View Post
He is on the thin side but the good thing is his belly looks nice and full As long as he is eating keep him well fed and he will start to bulk up, just takes some time. If you can get him eating pellets that would help a lot as well.

Good luck!
You donít think there could be a parasite issue? Iíd expect it to be filled out by now since he mentioned heís had it 4 months and said it eats well

pfan151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/11/2019, 11:15 AM   #3179
heuerfan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfan151 View Post
You donít think there could be a parasite issue? Iíd expect it to be filled out by now since he mentioned heís had it 4 months and said it eats well
In my opinion no, i think he looks okay. My two idols took some time to pack on the weight, just keep him well fed and make sure he is not competing for food with tank mates.

I think parasites would be visible and also cause the idol not to eat.

my 2 cents....

Old 02/11/2019, 04:18 PM   #3180
carrots
Registered Member

I agree with pfan. Treat it for internal parasites. If it is eating well and not putting on weight by now it sounds like intestinal worms are getting well fed. Treat with MetroPlex. before it loses it's appetite from malnutrition.

carrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/11/2019, 05:56 PM   #3181
heuerfan
Registered Member

Last edited by heuerfan; 02/11/2019 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02/12/2019, 10:13 PM   #3182
IUfan
Registered Member

Thanks for the info. I treated with Prazi Pro when I first got him. He eats pellets well. I have some flake that has dewormer in it, will feed some of that. He has a good size belly on him, so I wasnít overly worried until now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IUfan is online now   Reply With Quote