Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/12/2018, 05:55 PM   #1
blackthunda77
Registered Member

Soaking nori in metro and focus

Trying to treat some internal parasites. I have soaked mysis in the mixture and all the fish took to the food. Anything wrong with soaking the mixture with some nori? My naso and yellow tang go nuts for nori. I soaked some nori and the ate it like usual. Anything wrong with that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

*blackthunda stands for a black Mistubishi 3000GT with black rims I used to own. Don't get any funny ideas!

Current Tank Info: 200 Gal custom tank with dual corner overflows, 80 gal custom sump/refugium, Neptune Apex controller, Dual Lumenmax Elite reflectors with 250 Radiums, SWC 160 Cone Skimmer, 2x Jebao WP-25....and some other stuff.
blackthunda77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/12/2018, 06:00 PM   #2
luislimon
Registered Member

No as long as they eat it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luislimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/12/2018, 06:13 PM   #3
Louis Z
Registered Member

Sounds like a good thing , I’ll try that . I often see so many tangs always emaciated . I usually pass on them but sounds like a good idea. I have been wanting a powder blue tang and those seem like the worst in the way they look . So if they are eating something that may help them recover. I also consider using that as a carrier of fenbendazole or mebendazole .

Louis Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/12/2018, 06:36 PM   #4
blackthunda77
Registered Member

Only reason I asked was because on the seachem website they say they don't recommend that and recommend soaking some frozen food or pellets or flakes. While that might be the preferred method I don't understand why soaking nori would be a bad idea if like was stated earlier, they eat it.

*blackthunda stands for a black Mistubishi 3000GT with black rims I used to own. Don't get any funny ideas!

Current Tank Info: 200 Gal custom tank with dual corner overflows, 80 gal custom sump/refugium, Neptune Apex controller, Dual Lumenmax Elite reflectors with 250 Radiums, SWC 160 Cone Skimmer, 2x Jebao WP-25....and some other stuff.
blackthunda77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/22/2018, 08:13 PM   #5
pfan151
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthunda77 View Post
Only reason I asked was because on the seachem website they say they don't recommend that and recommend soaking some frozen food or pellets or flakes. While that might be the preferred method I don't understand why soaking nori would be a bad idea if like was stated earlier, they eat it.

I assume it’s because you want the fish to eat all of it immediately before it starts to come off the food and get dispersed into the water column. With the nori it would sit in the tank longer than flake or frozen.

pfan151 is offline   Reply With Quote