Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/03/2018, 12:18 AM   #1
Ryan Darilek
Registered Member

Time for an Upgrade!!

I had my BC32 for about 13 months and outgrew it pretty darn quickly (pictured below) so decided to start a second tank... a small 20g long that I had sitting in the garage. I purchased a JBJ unibody for it and a few other accessories but as I was attempting to make the tank rimless, I broke it... Go figure. So what started as a cheap second tank turned into me selling the wife on the fact that we needed to upgrade our main tank. I did just that and ordered a 60 cube from Planet Aquarium and then proceeded to go all out on everything else. I ended up with the tank, a Trigger Systems sump and ATO resivor, a Syncra SDC 9.0 WiFi pump (overkill), Reef Octopus skimmer, Gyre pump with controller and a Kessil 360we light with mount and controller. Decided to build a custom stand with removable panels at 3 sides. Took about 2 weeks to get everything in and after a very long weekend, a flooded living room and a lot of stress, the transition is done and I managed to not kill anything and I managed to not get killed by the wife! #winning .

Here are the photos:

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ryan Darilek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/03/2018, 12:21 AM   #2
Ryan Darilek
Registered Member

More photos

Unread 07/07/2018, 09:43 PM   #3
abraha
Registered Member

Looks great! How do you like the Trigger sump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 160gallon 3/4 glass cylinder - mostly SPS. 4x XR15w G4 pro + 3x 39w T5 + 2x 24w T5. Apex controller. 2x MP60s. Various 8 return, Regal 200sss, carbon reactor, 50watt UV. CA, ALK, MG dosed via Apex DOS.
abraha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/07/2018, 10:07 PM   #4
Ryan Darilek
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraha View Post
Looks great! How do you like the Trigger sump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man!! The Trigger is not only good looking, but it performs very well. I really like how easily it adjusts the water level so my skimmer is working flawlessly. If you're in the market for one, I'd see if you can find one used cause good lord they are pricey