Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > GHL /ProfiLux / Mitras
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/25/2015, 01:13 PM   #26
DudeDah
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythanith View Post
I will let you all know how the remote access by GHL goes on thursday. I truly hope they can fix my issue.
Had no luck today, apparently the firmware updater is unable to update the driver and Parallels seems to be the issue. One idea I had while brainstorming with a friend might be using Bootcamp to boot directly into a Windows environment and see if that makes any difference, taking Parallels out of the equation. Aside from that I was told I had to find a PC.

DudeDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/25/2015, 02:32 PM   #27
v10king
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeDah View Post
Had no luck today, apparently the firmware updater is unable to update the driver and Parallels seems to be the issue. One idea I had while brainstorming with a friend might be using Bootcamp to boot directly into a Windows environment and see if that makes any difference, taking Parallels out of the equation. Aside from that I was told I had to find a PC.
I used a dell tablet to update firmware running Windows 8.1, worked fine for me.

v10king is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/25/2015, 07:27 PM   #28
Scythanith
Premium Member

Yep, no parallels there. The root of this issue is trying to run windows on a mac utilizing parallels.

Unread 03/25/2015, 07:47 PM   #29
v10king
Registered Member

Yeah, I know that, I was just throwing another option out if he had a tablet that wasn't IOS and Android based.

v10king is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/25/2015, 07:47 PM   #30
shaggss
Registered Member

I bought a cheap HP for about $220......works well and was no probs to update the PIII and D2...

New build, planning stages. 30 x 20 x 20", Geisemann Spectra 250W with Radium, Profilux controller, Profilux doser 2, Fluval SP4 return pump, Life Reef 28
shaggss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/25/2015, 09:42 PM   #31
DudeDah
Registered Member

Well...the GOOD NEWS is that my brother-in-law has a Dell Laptop!!

The BAD NEWS is that the firmware has a .mhx file extension that when the Control Center tries to upload it to the Doser, Adobe Flash Professional CS5 launches and interupts and prevents the upload from happening.

Guess I need to find the RIGHT friend with the RIGHT PC...

Unread 03/26/2015, 07:39 AM   #32
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

the firmware is embedded into the software you do not need to open or do anything with the firmware file

install the latest software then go to extras then firmware update, follow the instructions

IF it does not load then you have an ongoing issue with the bootloader driver not loading and I did a very informative dialogue on this here easy to follow for anyone

http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...irmware-driver

Older software versions did not always allow for the bootloader driver to load so manual install is required.

Ecotech powered, OLD Profilux 3 but looking to upgrade when market settles, Seneye Monitored, Bubble Magus DC Skimmed.

Current Tank Info: Floating about on the water enjoying semi retirement!!
AQD_ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/26/2015, 11:44 AM   #33
DudeDah
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQD_ottawa View Post
the firmware is embedded into the software you do not need to open or do anything with the firmware file

install the latest software then go to extras then firmware update, follow the instructions

IF it does not load then you have an ongoing issue with the bootloader driver not loading and I did a very informative dialogue on this here easy to follow for anyone

http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...irmware-driver

Older software versions did not always allow for the bootloader driver to load so manual install is required.
Yes I did all of this to a T but when it gets to the step showing you the file that is going to be uploaded to the doser (image of step 3/5 in your thread), Flash Professional CS5 (not sure if its the same with ALL versions of the Creative Suite but it's what was on this machine) launches and disrupts the install of that file to the doser.

Unread 03/26/2015, 11:47 AM   #34
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

you dont need to touch the embedded file just click next.

Ecotech powered, OLD Profilux 3 but looking to upgrade when market settles, Seneye Monitored, Bubble Magus DC Skimmed.

Unread 03/26/2015, 11:55 AM   #35
DudeDah
Registered Member

Quote:
you dont need to touch the embedded file just click next.
I did/do click next and then the process goes on as described.

Unread 03/26/2015, 12:01 PM   #36
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

Hmm cant think why yours would act totally different to anyone elses sorry im lost at this point.

maybe post a video of you doing it?

Unread 03/26/2015, 01:00 PM   #37
DudeDah
Registered Member

Quote:
Hmm cant think why yours would act totally different to anyone elses sorry im lost at this point.

maybe post a video of you doing it?
I actually had to give the laptop back. When I say Flash Professional, it is NOT the web plugin, I am speaking of the program in which Flash content is created, part of the Adobe Creative Suite. So to recreate this scenario it would have to include the same circumstances.

The process I am going through is exactly as you describe in the link you provided. But when it get to step 3/5, Flash professional launches. At this point the firmware updater says that it is updating and don't unplug in any case. If Flash is left open, the firmware update never completes. When you click over to Flash, it says it "can't open the file because it is an unknown file type". When you click ok and close out Flash, THEN the firmware updater says that it is done, says to click "finish" and to unplug the doser to reset, appearing as though the update has taken place. When you then restart the doser and open up the GHL CC you see that the firmware did NOT update.

Unread 03/26/2015, 01:03 PM   #38
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

Yes you are missing the part I said about the driver not loading. please follow my instructions I 100% assure you that you need to load the firmware driver.

Unread 03/26/2015, 01:36 PM   #39
DudeDah
Registered Member

Ok, I concede it could COMPLETELY be OE, but if you are talking about manually installing the driver so that "GHL Virtual Communications Port" or "Unknown Device" becomes USBVCOM I have done that repeatedly only to have the update fail later in the process. it is, in fact, where your instructions end that the problem begins.

Unread 03/26/2015, 01:39 PM   #40
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

ok email service@ghl-kl.de for support. I can not replicate this fault in any way using the same software on a win8 machine.

Unread 03/26/2015, 02:19 PM   #41
DudeDah
Registered Member

Quote:
I can not replicate this fault in any way using the same software on a win8 machine.
You've located and installed software (Adobe Flash Professional CS5) that is three generations old and installed it to try and replicate this issue? Or did you already have this on your system? It was also a Windows 7 Professional environment if that helps replicate the exact environment.

I would LOVE to figure out what it is that I am missing in this process...besides my own PC...

Unread 03/26/2015, 02:21 PM   #42
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

Im using win8 and the upgrading from early editions to latest.

Unread 03/27/2015, 05:01 PM   #43
jacksoncm
Registered Member

Mac

I use VMware fusion on my Mac to run Windows. It works a bit different than Parallels. I initially setup and flashed my doser2 with that environment.

You can download a fully functional trial version. As long as you are a little tech savvy and have a windows 7 or 8 ISO you can load windows up in 15 minutes.

jacksoncm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/12/2015, 04:28 PM   #44
S1m0n
Registered Member

When is the app ready???

Unread 04/12/2015, 05:06 PM   #45
Scythanith
Premium Member

When Apple says it is

Unread 04/23/2015, 01:31 AM   #46
Matthias Gross
RC Sponsor

iOS App has been approved by Apple and can be downloaded now!

Current Tank Info: Saltwater tank 700l + freshwater tank 400l
Matthias Gross is offline   Reply With Quote