Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/05/2017, 03:39 AM   #1
undertai
Registered Member

Review for Aqlink A1 for apex controller

Hello Everyone

I have been using Neptune Apex controller for about 5 years and am looking into upgrading to a larger tank, so with this tank upgrade I wanted to upgrade my return and display pumps. My pumps are here already Jebao DCS5000 and Jebao SW-2 and integrating it into the APEX unit using the AQLINK A1 controller. Tank upgrade is not major, going from Redesea Reefer Nano to 60 gallon cube.

Fish Street sells the Aqlink A1, since thats where I plan to get my pumps anyway I thought I would try out the AQLink A1 also.

Since this is a new product I thought I would start do a review of the features. I will apply my input once the product arrives and have played around with it.

undertai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/21/2017, 12:39 PM   #2
undertai
Registered Member

Here is an unboxing video of the AQLink A1 from fish-street.com*

AQLink A1 Manual - Download PDF*

The Review:

The AQLink A1 is similar to the AQlink S1 and T1, except it has no WiFi and can connect to your Neptune apex system. *The Aqlink can be used to connect any of the follow pumps and maybe more in the future.

Fish-Street.com states that these model pumps can be used on the AQLink A1:
Jebao DCT/ DCS / DCP Pumps
Suitable for Jebao Crossflow Pump CP-25 / CP-40
Suitable for Maxspect Gyre Pump - only models XF-250 & XF-150

Adding the A1 to your Apex is not the same as adding a Neptune Wav pump;*since the A1 is not certified you don't get all the features of setting and things built in and plug and play. *To get your pumps to work will take a little work and trail and error until you find the settings you like.

I was going to hook this up to my Jebao return pump, but got lazy and decided to plug it into my CP-25 from Jebao. *Here is what I did to get the pump to working enough for my reef, that I could leave it alone for a couple days while I'm at work.

1. First you have to plug it into and spare outlet in your APEX or any other available power source.

2. Next find the Speed port you used for the A1.

3. Set it to auto mode:*

4. Find your apex IP address on your home network, and login. *It was easier for me on the apex itself instead of on apex fusion.

5. Find any unused profile or create a new one. *This was create by me just to get a feel of what the pump can do, its running currently on my tank until i have time to fully play with it and adjust the timing.

6. Go to your outlets page and select the base_Var3 *(or whatever one you connected to). *You can add and do a lot more profiles, but I'm choosing this as a basic setup. *I will add more later!*

7. Select advanced and then in the Program box below, put SET CP1,*update and you should start to see your pump run the times and setting from your profile setup.

Unread 01/22/2017, 01:50 AM   #3
PeterBel
Registered Member

Thanks for the info, keep testing for us �� I'm seriously looking at the controller for the CP-40 on my Apex. You mainly have on/off and VDM 0-10v control for pump speed? Any other possibility like reverse? Also, only good for 1 pump, correct?

120G shallow Build in Progress...

Current Tank Info: 100G, MarsAqua 165W x 2 Led, DCT-8000 Return, Curve 7 Bubble Magus Skimmer, Low Profile Overflow, Custom sump, BRS Reactors, Full APEX, Salt Station, ATO, Auto-water change, Kalc reactor, etc...
PeterBel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/22/2017, 02:14 AM   #4
undertai
Registered Member

Only good for 1 pump per aqlink A1. I haven't gotten into trying to program all the functions yet. Only constant flow and waves I can program for now. I'm not to good at apex programming yet. 😀

Sent from my F3213 using Tapatalk

Unread 01/29/2017, 03:16 AM   #5
Mskeet
Registered Member

Cross flow

Hi guys has any body any experience with the A1 module and the crossflow. Making wave patterns and tidal surge
Any help would be great

Regards Martyn

Mskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/05/2017, 01:17 PM   #6
undertai
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mskeet View Post
Hi guys has any body any experience with the A1 module and the crossflow. Making wave patterns and tidal surge
Any help would be great

Regards Martyn
i'm currently using the pulse setup in profiles, surge would be the same to setup just timing would change in your profiles.

Last edited by undertai; 02/05/2017 at 01:18 PM. Reason: spell check
Unread 05/11/2017, 06:14 AM   #7
marshsutton
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertai View Post
Here is an unboxing video of the AQLink A1 from fish-street.com*

AQLink A1 Manual - Download PDF*

The Review:

The AQLink A1 is similar to the AQlink S1 and T1, except it has no WiFi and can connect to your Neptune apex system. *The Aqlink can be used to connect any of the follow pumps and maybe more in the future.

Fish-Street.com states that these model pumps can be used on the AQLink A1:
Jebao DCT/ DCS / DCP Pumps
Suitable for Jebao Crossflow Pump CP-25 / CP-40
Suitable for Maxspect Gyre Pump - only models XF-250 & XF-150

Adding the A1 to your Apex is not the same as adding a Neptune Wav pump;*since the A1 is not certified you don't get all the features of setting and things built in and plug and play. *To get your pumps to work will take a little work and trail and error until you find the settings you like.

I was going to hook this up to my Jebao return pump, but got lazy and decided to plug it into my CP-25 from Jebao. *Here is what I did to get the pump to working enough for my reef, that I could leave it alone for a couple days while I'm at work.

1. First you have to plug it into and spare outlet in your APEX or any other available power source.

2. Next find the Speed port you used for the A1.

3. Set it to auto mode:*

4. Find your apex IP address on your home network, and login. *It was easier for me on the apex itself instead of on apex fusion.

5. Find any unused profile or create a new one. *This was create by me just to get a feel of what the pump can do, its running currently on my tank until i have time to fully play with it and adjust the timing.

6. Go to your outlets page and select the base_Var3 *(or whatever one you connected to). *You can add and do a lot more profiles, but I'm choosing this as a basic setup. *I will add more later!*

7. Select advanced and then in the Program box below, put SET CP1,*update and you should start to see your pump run the times and setting from your profile setup.

You can use the Gyre XF250 with the A1

marshsutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/11/2017, 06:17 AM   #8
marshsutton
Registered Member

Gyre-A1

Sorry i should have said you can NOT use the Maxspect Gyre XF250 with the A1

marshsutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/09/2017, 12:41 PM   #9
aumoenoav
Registered Member

Have anyone tried to connect this interface with GHL Profilux - is it a regular 0-10V port that and no Apex locked interface?

aumoenoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/28/2017, 10:01 AM   #10
tastyfish
Registered Member

Hi guys, I have a couple of AQLink A1's to run my CP-40's from the Apex.

Does anyone have any example programs they are using please? I'm unsure on how the syntax differs from the RW's, reverse mode etc

tastyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/29/2017, 10:04 AM   #11
tastyfish
Registered Member

Anyone able to help on the programming please?

Unread 07/04/2017, 12:20 PM   #12
tastyfish
Registered Member

Sorted it. Just had some faulty cat 5 cables

Unread 11/21/2017, 04:50 PM   #13
710RAY
Registered Member

ok.... I just got this box. the aqlink a1 and i cant figure it out??? I;m tying to connect my jeboa gyre pump to my apex. do i need a cord? any help i;d apprecate. thanks. (i'm not a good speller)

710RAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/21/2017, 04:51 PM   #14
710RAY
Registered Member

any help on this PLZ????

Unread 11/21/2017, 04:52 PM   #15
710RAY
Registered Member

bump

Unread 11/21/2017, 05:56 PM   #16
710RAY
Registered Member

This does not help me

Unread 12/12/2017, 11:31 PM   #17
undertai
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 710RAY View Post
any help on this PLZ????
you need to set the pins at the top of the box for your specific jebao pump before it will work. you can google the manual to look for instructions.

Unread 05/06/2018, 05:23 PM   #18
teufel72
Registered Member

from what i see you plug it in the apex wich can control 2 pump per jack. Anyone know if we can make our wire so 2 aqualink A1 are plug in the same rc45 jack?

teufel72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/18/2018, 11:16 AM   #19
z3speed4me
Registered Member

Semi-Revival... does this work with the battery backup unit like the T1 does? That is a major selling point of the T1 for me, and would rather keep battery backup for my pumps rather than have it Apex controlled.

z3speed4me is offline   Reply With Quote