Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/27/2016, 11:58 AM   #1
Horace
Registered Member

2 Jebao T1 wireless Crossflow controllers...

But no CP40 Crossflow pumps to test them on lol! I will let you all know when I have a chance to test them.....

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: New 180g Mixed SPS Build in progress
Horace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/27/2016, 04:44 PM   #2
Bent
I got nothin'

Nice.

Did we ever figure out if there are superior to the jbwave?

Also why did you get two? Won't one operate two pumps?

[QUOTE=CStrickland]Who gets mad at a starfish?[/QUOTE]

Current Tank Info: 75g DT, 30G refugium, 10g chaeto tank, 50g stock tank basement sump
Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/27/2016, 09:20 PM   #3
Horace
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent View Post
Nice.

Dunno about the JBwave....but these seem to have what I need, and for a ton cheaper than the Maxspect. I was able to buy a couple CP40s on the cheap (brand new) for like $75/ea. The controllers cost me $95/ea shipped

These are basically just wireless converters to replace the controller that comes with the unit. So you need one for each pump. I was confused about this as well, so dont feel bad .

The APP is what supports up to 3 pumps, not the controller it self. So what they mean is the mobile app can connect up to 3 wireless controllers. This explains why when you buy the wireless CP40, it comes with a controller. Damn confusing, but thats how it works....you would think they would just have a controller that 3 pumps plugged into, rather than 3 individual units. It also makes me wonder why the hell they cant then control more than 3 pumps if it is simply the APP, not a hardware connection limit.

Unread 05/28/2016, 04:00 AM   #4
puckett26
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent View Post
Nice.

They both have their high points but at the end of the day I prefer the JBwave. The Aqualink stuff has more options no doubt about that but the customer support I felt was better with the jbwave. And getting my aqualinks connected and talking was a bit sketchy if you ask me. Another issue is the JBwave only has 2 inputs for pumps, the Aqualink can run 3 pumps of course with the purchase of 3 controllers. At first that seems like a Aqualink win but if you have more then one tank like myself, once you hit that 3 pump limit, there will be no more pumps. But you can just buy another jbwave if you want to add more pumps. I essentially sold them both and have my archon controlling my pumps now.

puckett26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/28/2016, 07:50 AM   #5
Bent
I got nothin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace View Post
Dunno about the JBwave....but these seem to have what I need, and for a ton cheaper than the Maxspect. I was able to buy a couple CP40s on the cheap (brand new) for like $75/ea. The controllers cost me $95/ea shipped

These are basically just wireless converters to replace the controller that comes with the unit. So you need one for each pump. I was confused about this as well, so dont feel bad .

The APP is what supports up to 3 pumps, not the controller it self. So what they mean is the mobile app can connect up to 3 wireless controllers. This explains why when you buy the wireless CP40, it comes with a controller. Damn confusing, but thats how it works....you would think they would just have a controller that 3 pumps plugged into, rather than 3 individual units. It also makes me wonder why the hell they cant then control more than 3 pumps if it is simply the APP, not a hardware connection limit.

That makes me prefer the JB wave then.

JBWave Jebao Wavemaker/Controller RW4 RW8 RW15 RW20 WP10 WP25 WP40 WP60 (Android) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R6OQ7AA..._qiAsxb9H9YT7B

The JB can control two pumps with a single unit.

Current Tank Info: 75g DT, 30G refugium, 10g chaeto tank, 50g stock tank basement sump
Unread 05/28/2016, 08:04 AM   #6
Horace
Registered Member

I'm not controlling the DW pumps though...this is for cp40 cross flow and the other controller doesn't work for it I don't believe

Unread 05/28/2016, 10:14 AM   #7
Bent
I got nothin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace View Post
I'm not controlling the DW pumps though...this is for cp40 cross flow and the other controller doesn't work for it I don't believe

That's what I'm trying to figure out.

I don't see why it wouldn't. The RW and CP controllers are identical aren't they?

Unread 05/28/2016, 11:31 AM   #8
Horace
Registered Member

It says in the description that the T1 is not for DW pumps pumps and to get S1 instead