Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/16/2018, 10:35 PM   #1
naddyhoe
Registered Member

Firefish with 1 white spot and notable blood vessels

I have a FOWLR 55 g tank. My aquarium has had established LR for over 1 year, I recently started adding fish these past few months after cycling and starting over a power outage related crash. SG: 1.25 measured with refractometer. I have 3 chromis, 1 royal gramma, 1 firefish, 2 clowns, 1 skunk shrimp, 1 turbo and a few hermits. all fish are small. I also have a cheato reactor and 2 shaving brush plants.

On Oct 7th I noticed what is most likely hydroid jellyfish on the glass.

Just recently added 2 clowns on Oct 10th. They were not QTd, but they are doing fantastic

Right now, my firefish has been hiding more than usual. He usually comes out once the lights go on and hangs out towards the bottom of the tank, darting to hide when somebody unfamiliar comes up to the tank. I noticed the past 3 days he was coming out only to eat. I also noticed his blood vessels were notable through his skin, which is new. Today, he didn't come out. I moved some rock and was able to get him to come out, and was swimming in the open water. Then I noticed 1 spot on his left side and a protrusion on this right side.

Could it be a hydroid jelly stuck to him? why the blood vessels? why the protrusion?

Right now I'm treating with Melafix and Prazi just to get on top of it. For their 1st feed, I just gave them mysis shrimp, but didn't notice the firefish come out or eat and I was leaving the house so I didn't stop and watch. For their second feed, I fed mysis shrimp soaked in selcon and garlic and some marine flakes, which he stayed out and seemed interested in, but I didn't really see him eat. everybody else was pretty hungry as per usual. I noticed that after I fed and treated the tank, he was swimming around instead of hiding out again.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg fire3.jpg (30.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg fire1.jpg (20.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg fire2.jpg (24.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg white2.JPG (17.4 KB, 6 views)
naddyhoe is offline   Reply With Quote