Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/15/2014, 06:35 PM   #2676
PeterBel
Registered Member

JBJ 28G My setup Overview

Here is my setup so far, i am still waiting for the cycle to finish but i still have 2-3 weeks of work before finishing my setup, so not in a hurry :-) I will add cable tray etc .. so it look nicer...

Still to do:
  • ATO (DIY - Got the parts just need to assemble/program)
  • Steve's LED DIM Interface for my Apex (Got it, need to install) - VDM chn 1 & 2
  • Moonlight (DIY) with DIM (Have all the parts, need to install/program) - VDM chn 3
  • Wall Cable tray (Still need to order)
  • 6 DIY Relay outlet controlled by the I/O from my Neptune (connected to PM1)
  • DIY I/O box inside the stand with 1 cable going to my enclosure (connected to PM2)
  • Water leak detector (DIY - Got the parts, need to assemble/program)
  • Finalize plumbing for CPR Fuge 2
  • Wait for the dam water cycle!
  • Wait even more for the cycle!
  • Seat back & Relax (Postponed to next year heheheh)

Voila!

I'm sure i forgot something but that will be for another post!

PeterBel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/21/2014, 05:14 PM   #2677
tmac1rebok
Registered Member

Can the aquarium lid still fully open with the CRP Aqaufuge in place or is there any interference?

tmac1rebok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/21/2014, 05:35 PM   #2678
PeterBel
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac1rebok View Post
Can the aquarium lid still fully open with the CRP Aqaufuge in place or is there any interference?
No problem at all! I'll open it and take a picture to show you later if you want...

Unread 08/23/2014, 11:26 AM   #2679
PeterBel
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac1rebok View Post
Sorry for the delay but here are the pictures with the CPR Aquafuge and Open lid.

Let me know if you have any other question, i'll be glad to help.

Unread 09/02/2014, 10:59 AM   #2680
SNAKEMANVET
PREMIUM MEMBER

I will be replaceing my 150 watt mh with a new radion pro 3.Cant wait to see how it looks.Someone here has a radion mounted in their hood,does anyone have a link to the installation.

SNAKEMANVET is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/03/2014, 10:47 PM   #2681
PeterBel
Registered Member

Apex WMX Vortech MP10 Program for JBJ28G

Hi Guys,

anyone have a program example with the Apex WMX module and a Vortech MP10? I am interested to know which mode you use and the intensity and also the time frame.

Knowing the location of you MP10 will also help.

My Outlet Code:

Code:
Fallback ON 
Set Nutrient
If Time 07:00 to 08:00 Then Pulse
If Time 08:00 to 09:00 Then ReefCrst
If Time 09:00 to 10:00 Then ReefCrst
If Time 10:00 to 12:00 Then ReefCrst
If Time 12:00 to 14:30 Then TidalSwl
If Time 15:30 to 18:00 Then TidalSwl
If Time 18:00 to 21:00 Then Lagoon
If Time 21:01 to 21:30 Then Pulse
If Time 22:31 to 23:00 Then Nutrient
If Time 23:01 to 07:00 Then Night
If FeedA 006 Then Nutrient
If FeedA 003 Then OFF 
If FeedD 000 Then Slow
Profile Look Like this:

ReefCrst -> Reef Crest -> Max Intensity 70%
TidalSwl -> Tidal Swell -> Max Intensity 80%
Nutrient -> Nutrient Export -> Max Intensity 80%
Pulse -> Pulse Max Intensity 100%, -> on time to 0.28 seconds
Night -> Constant -> Max Intensity 40%
Lagoon -> Lagoon -> Max Intensity 60%
Slow Constant Max Intensity 20%

120G shallow Build in Progress...

Current Tank Info: 100G, MarsAqua 165W x 2 Led, DCT-8000 Return, Curve 7 Bubble Magus Skimmer, Low Profile Overflow, Custom sump, BRS Reactors, Full APEX, Salt Station, ATO, Auto-water change, Kalc reactor, etc...
Unread 09/04/2014, 03:08 PM   #2682
PeterBel
Registered Member

After some observation on coral reaction and overall water movement, i changed the following profiles:

ReefCrst -> Reef Crest -> Max Intensity 70%
TidalSwl -> Tidal Swell -> Max Intensity 65%
Nutrient -> Nutrient Export -> Max Intensity 65%
Pulse -> Pulse Max Intensity 100%, -> on time to 0.28 seconds
Night -> Constant -> Max Intensity 30%
Lagoon -> Lagoon -> Max Intensity 45%
Slow Constant Max Intensity 20%

Current Tank Info: 100G, MarsAqua 165W x 2 Led, DCT-8000 Return, Curve 7 Bubble Magus Skimmer, Low Profile Overflow, Custom sump, BRS Reactors, Full APEX, Salt Station, ATO, Auto-water change, Kalc reactor, etc...
Unread 09/14/2014, 09:04 AM   #2683
DBreefs
Registered Member

I am hoping to start setting up a 28 gallon Nano cube in the next week or so. Does anyone know if I can run the AquaMaxx HOB1 and the Innovative Marine Midsize media reactor?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Current Tank Info: 28g Nano Cube
DBreefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/14/2014, 10:01 AM   #2684
PeterBel
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBreefs View Post
I am hoping to start setting up a 28 gallon Nano cube in the next week or so. Does anyone know if I can run the AquaMaxx HOB1 and the Innovative Marine Midsize media reactor?

Thanks in advance for the advice!
Hi,

i don't own the HOB1 but i know it's one of the most popular one for the JBJ28G. Search reef central and you will find many post about it.

Unread 09/15/2014, 05:57 AM   #2685
DBreefs
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterBel View Post
Hi,

i don't own the HOB1 but i know it's one of the most popular one for the JBJ28G. Search reef central and you will find many post about it.
I know the HOB1 works well with the Nano Cube, I am trying to figure out if I can use it in conjunction with an Innovative Marine media reactor.

Thanks!

Unread 09/15/2014, 09:02 AM   #2686
Gagonzalez
Reef Fanatic

I would say probably not unless you plan on removing the center basket.

I personally use the HOB-1 and 2 Phosban 150 Reactor's instead.

Current Tank Info: JBJ 28g Nano / Aquamaxx HOB-1 / TLF 150 with GFO/ Vortech MP10QD / JBJ ATO / In-Tank Basket / AI Hydra26
Gagonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/15/2014, 09:19 AM   #2687
DBreefs
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagonzalez View Post
I would say probably not unless you plan on removing the center basket.

I personally use the HOB-1 and 2 Phosban 150 Reactor's instead.
Thanks for the info. I would like to keep the center basket as well. How do you have your 2 phosban reactors setup on the tank? Any pictures?

Unread 09/18/2014, 10:20 AM   #2688
blackradon
Registered Member

Kind if a weird question, but what would happen if I were to cut out of the cambers to fit in a skimmer? It would be run as normal i was thinking. Just looking to put a tunze 9002 but also keep my media basket. I don't want to run a Hob style basket really.

blackradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/23/2014, 06:20 PM   #2689
Gagonzalez
Reef Fanatic

Dbreefs......Several people run 2 TLF reactors. Some run them together with a single pump, others separately. I personally run them separately. I'll post a pic for you.

Blackradon....If you cut your filter basket to fit a Tunze 9002, then you might as well remove the basket completely. Doesn't make a difference. Either way you lose the functionality of the basket at that point.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TLF Reactors.jpg (44.0 KB, 57 views)

Current Tank Info: JBJ 28g Nano / Aquamaxx HOB-1 / TLF 150 with GFO/ Vortech MP10QD / JBJ ATO / In-Tank Basket / AI Hydra26
Unread 09/23/2014, 10:21 PM   #2690
blackradon
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagonzalez View Post

Blackradon....If you cut your filter basket to fit a Tunze 9002, then you might as well remove the basket completely. Doesn't make a difference. Either way you lose the functionality of the basket at that point.
Thanks for the reply. I was referring to one of the cambers on either side of the middle chamber that containes the media basket. I might just end up using a ehiem 2215 canister I have left over from a Fw tank. Idk yet haha

Unread 09/24/2014, 03:24 PM   #2691
Gagonzalez
Reef Fanatic

I used a canister when I first started with Fish Only. If you go that route, I would recommend that you do not use pads and just use the media you want so as not to build up Nitrates. Or you can just make sure to clean or swap the filter pads every week.

Unread 09/24/2014, 10:00 PM   #2692
blackradon
Registered Member

Hmm, maybe I'll go this route then. I think purigen and chemipure elite will do the trick. I don't plan on having to many fish. Clowns and maybe something else. Shrimp and snails also. If I can avoid hacking the tank I will.

Unread 09/24/2014, 11:32 PM   #2693
SeattleReef
Registered Member

Has anyone dealt with a rattling/vibrating stock return pump? One of my pumps rattles/vibrates and is loud every time it comes on (60 sec. for me). Anyway I'm going to pull them tomorrow during a water change and see if that will do the trick as this noise started a few months ago but I haven't dealt with it yet. I could order a new impeller if need be but if I can't fix the noise was thinking about ordering x2 Eheim 1000 for either side.

SeattleReef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/25/2014, 12:17 AM   #2694
greengenes
Registered Member

Hey guys first post here!

My jbj 28 advanced has been running for 9 months, this is my first venture into salt water and it has been a blast.

I run mine basically stock other then an intank media basket (filter floss, seagel) and a reef octopus bh-1000. Stock return pumps run on all the time. I used power heads but dont anymore.

Stock list:

carmel clown
percula clown
decorator shrimp
indian sea star
2x flame scallops
feather duster
zoas
acans
frogspawn
GSP
mushrooms (blue, red, green stripe, rics)
pulsing xenia
green button polyps
blue star polys
candy cane
Condy nem
huge CUC

I don't dose anything and no reactors. Just weekly 5 gal changes.

I've found out the LEDs suck. I'm going to buy a Radion 15 pro next week, as snakemanvet said above, I'd love to know how to mount one of these in the hood (also looking for a used broken hood). I realize I may not be running the light past 40% power. But I still love the look of the hood, and dont feel like going topless (have three cats).

most recent picture

greengenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/25/2014, 10:46 AM   #2695
blackradon
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleReef View Post
Has anyone dealt with a rattling/vibrating stock return pump? One of my pumps rattles/vibrates and is loud every time it comes on (60 sec. for me). Anyway I'm going to pull them tomorrow during a water change and see if that will do the trick as this noise started a few months ago but I haven't dealt with it yet. I could order a new impeller if need be but if I can't fix the noise was thinking about ordering x2 Eheim 1000 for either side.
I ended up putting a foam under and peice to one side. Seems to be working, also make sure your return tube from the pump is at the right height. I had the same problem and I live in an apartment, so you could hear it from everywhere pretty much! I was thinking of spunge but that might tap dirt, so you would have to clean it.. Hope that helps.

Unread 09/25/2014, 02:45 PM   #2696
SeattleReef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackradon View Post
I ended up putting a foam under and peice to one side. Seems to be working, also make sure your return tube from the pump is at the right height. I had the same problem and I live in an apartment, so you could hear it from everywhere pretty much! I was thinking of spunge but that might tap dirt, so you would have to clean it.. Hope that helps.

I'm going to pull them both tonight and clean them and check impellers first then if that checks out I'll make sure it not hitting the side wall... Maybe one of them came of off the suction cup(s). Also what do you mean by making sure return tube is the right height?

Unread 09/25/2014, 07:10 PM   #2697
blackradon
Registered Member

Mine were touching the sides if the of the tank. I think my return pipes were a hair to short and the pumps just 'hovered' and kinda if did what they wanted lol. I'm sure other will chime in. I'm new to these tanks as well.

Unread 09/25/2014, 09:27 PM   #2698
SeattleReef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackradon View Post
Mine were touching the sides if the of the tank. I think my return pipes were a hair to short and the pumps just 'hovered' and kinda if did what they wanted lol. I'm sure other will chime in. I'm new to these tanks as well.

Well I cleaned my tank tonight and that helped but I noticed one of the pumps had a loose impeller which makes since as I hear a clicking sound every time it switches to that pump, most likely the loose impeller starting up.

Anyway does anyone have a diagram of the pumps? I want to make sure I have it in there correctly.

Might jus buy a new impeller if I can find one online. Anyone buy a new one before?

Unread 09/25/2014, 11:33 PM   #2699
SeattleReef
Registered Member

Ok, after reading a little I wonder if my impeller shafts are broke? Each one from each pump is in two pieces...shouldn't it just be one piece? The shafts are ceramic and I wonder where I can buy them?

Unread 09/28/2014, 03:33 PM   #2700
ange062
Registered Member

Shaft should be in a single piece, took one of mine apart to illustrate. I'd still say go for the Eheim Compact 600's as replacements.

29g AGA Planted FW
ange062 is offline   Reply With Quote