Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Marine Depot
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/06/2015, 05:17 PM   #1
Harbour
Registered Member

Known Orbit Marine Programming Glitches

Are there known programming problems with the Orbit Marine LEDs?

Purchased the 48 in orbit marine a few weeks ago from Marine Depot.

Have not actually used it since there was a backorder problem on my aquarium pad from Marine Depot - so I'm just now cycling without the light - still in box unopened.

Now I see this thread http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...bit+marine+led

Looks as if there has been a known glitch in February by Orbit Marine but wouldn't think Marine Depot would still sell me one knowing this if it has not been resolved.

Should I be concerned?

Harbour

Harbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/06/2015, 06:45 PM   #2
ReyR
Registered Member

I had this same issue. I put in a warranty claim with them online and had a new controller within a week at no cost.

ReyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/07/2015, 11:05 AM   #3
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Hi Harbour,

The Orbit Marine is an very popular light with our customers. Aside from the thread referenced here, we have not had any customers (or Current USA themselves) that have informed us of this issue. From what we can tell, it is an issue that effects only an extremely small number of units.

If there is a known issue, we would have stopped sales and return all defective units back to the manufacturer. As we are hobbyists ourselves, we can understand the frustration of receiving products that do not work. If we can prevent the problem before it occurs, we would definitely do what is in our power to do so.

The lights do have a one-year warranty. If there is a defect with the controller, there would be no problem in getting it replaced either though us or through Current USA directly.

MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/07/2015, 01:00 PM   #4
Harbour
Registered Member

Marine Depot,

I had figured as much. Your customer service has been excellent and was one of the reasons I buy mostly from you all. Therefore I felt you would have done what you described before selling any more units and was why I asked if there was anything to be concerned about.

Again, kudos on the great customer service and standing behind what you sell.

Thanks again,

Harbour

Harbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/07/2015, 02:18 PM   #5
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Thumbs up Thank you for choosing md!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
Marine Depot,

I had figured as much. Your customer service has been excellent and was one of the reasons I buy mostly from you all. Therefore I felt you would have done what you described before selling any more units and was why I asked if there was anything to be concerned about.

Again, kudos on the great customer service and standing behind what you sell.

Thanks again,

Harbour
Thank you so much for shopping with us—and for your kind words—they are truly appreciated! We are stringent about who we do business with and which products we carry so that we can follow the golden rule when unforeseen circumstances arise. We are a company founded by an aquarium hobbyist with a staff comprised of mostly hobbyists, so we understand what it's like to be on the other side of things. That is in part what inspired Ken to start MD in the first place: to have great products, great prices and great support under one roof. We are celebrating our 17th anniversary this year!

MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote