Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > SPS Keepers
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/25/2017, 06:31 AM   #401
jjoos99
Registered Member

I used bayer the last time I had an outbreak and I felt it worked well other then you cant see into the bucket to tell what if anything was killed and even though I rinsed my corals some of it got back into the display and killed all my shrimp in a matter of minutes.
Thanks
Jeff

Last edited by jjoos99; 07/25/2017 at 11:44 AM.
jjoos99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/18/2017, 09:14 PM   #402
jjoos99
Registered Member

I did indeed test the Microbe Herbal Actives Herbtana. Here is what I did. I had the worms on a piece of milli that was well encrusted on a small rock. I dipped the colony with coral rx and noticed the worms were little affected if any. I shook the rock in the water and the worms fell off into the bucket. I then drained off the water added fresh water and added Microbe-Lift Herbal Actives Herbtana. First dose didnt seem to do anything but after the second dose the worms were effected and by the next day were gone. I havent seen any other worms in the display tank so I am not willing to dose the full tank as of yet. The bottle does say reef/marine on the label. If I had an all out outbreak in my display tank I would try this product.
Jeff

jjoos99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/19/2017, 07:21 AM   #403
Piper27
I love bengals

Two years and no update at all? I thought the experiments were starting over again. Also any info on what happened with the sudden die off of aefw? Obviously you were not trying to kill them, and if something worked on accident we're you planning on sharing what it was or are you trying to make a product to sell?

I would like someone to try this herbtana treatment in some kind of controlled experiment. No one else has even tried using it?

Piper27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/24/2017, 06:02 AM   #404
StarF
Registered Member

found this qoute online
Quote:
It was mostly trial (without any error) 1 table spoon of wormwood powder mixed into a cup of tank water in to 150 gallon of water volume. Repeated ever 2-3 days for about 2 weeks. I did decrease the tablespoon to a tea spoon towards the end of second week. I noticed polyp extension and improvement in colour. Once I felt my SPS looked as they did before the AEFW, I pulled out random ones and dipped in Revive just to make sure. Success! !!! It's funny we call our SPS "coloured sticks" and here is a powder that is called wormwood that treats worms on our sticks (aka wood) Good luck and Happy reefing.
i have no experience with it, but could be worth a shot, if the problem is big..

its the comments here from Mo Osman: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UubUsZ2CSs

Last edited by StarF; 08/25/2017 at 02:14 AM.
StarF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/26/2017, 08:11 AM   #405
fscmocsaj
Registered Member

Anyone have experience with in tank treatment of herbtana and/or wormwood powder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: Red Sea 170
fscmocsaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/26/2017, 08:20 AM   #406
grevedin
Premium Member

I have tried both with no luck...but perhaps didn’t really try long enough as both teatments made my skimmer go crazy for over a week and was worried about running my tank for a few weeks without a skimmer.

Unread 12/26/2017, 10:19 AM   #407
fscmocsaj
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevedin View Post
I have tried both with no luck...but perhaps didn’t really try long enough as both teatments made my skimmer go crazy for over a week and was worried about running my tank for a few weeks without a skimmer.

You didn’t notice any die off or adverse effects after dosing wormwood? What was your dosage? How long did you have it in your tank before you turned on your skimmer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: Red Sea 170
fscmocsaj is offline   Reply With Quote