Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/21/2019, 06:44 AM   #51
perkint
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingwendil View Post
Glad you like them! I'm running a nano-pro on my dual 2.5 gallon fixture, works great after the fix

LDD-H designs for 4/8up are done, just need to be tested.
Great - I'll get some done and let you know how I get on. Again - thanks for sharing
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalfdgrey View Post
Thanks
You're welcome

Tim

perkint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/07/2019, 12:53 PM   #52
m14socom
Registered Member

Do you plan to sell any LDD-H boards?
I've never used the LDD-L what are the advantages?

m14socom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/08/2019, 05:55 AM   #53
lingwendil
Man who sold the world

Location: Oakley, behind enemy lines in communist occupied California.
Once I finish the testing I'll likely sell some, yes I will also post up design files.

LDD-L is much smaller, a little cheaper, but only goes up to 700mA and 36 volts (unless you go for the higher power ones, then you may as well use the H series) they work well for conservatively designed applications like nano builds, refugiums, etc, or just general shorter strings of LEDs. If you use nice efficient LEDs like Luxeons they are very useful indeed. You can fit three of them into a footprint that's just a hair larger than a single LDD-H

Unread 06/10/2019, 11:14 AM   #54
perkint
Registered Member

They are slightly less efficient and can get quite warm! I know the LDD-H gets warm as well, but IME the LDD-L a little more so. Could be my imagination as they are a bit less efficient so will get warmer, but the difference is probably not enough to notice by touch.

But I always feel they are hotter. I still love them tho, just because of their size (altho being cheaper is also good!). I've just used another of these boards on a little RGBW set up on an ESP8266 for decoration/toy

Lingwendil - if you feel like tweaking the 4up design? An extra pair of headers alongside the the PWM headers for GND - just to make it a bit easier to tie in the ground from a controller. Not too difficult as it is, I just thought I'd suggest it in case you agreed it would be easier.

Tim

Unread 06/10/2019, 11:40 AM   #55
lingwendil
Man who sold the world

I for sure will be doing that, the plan for the first revision is to basically add a ground pin on either end of each row for them, similar to the LDD-H boards. I also will try to incorporate a 3 pin SMPS 12 volt regulator on the LDD-L boards, as they are affordable enough that it would be a handy feature on the 8up boards at least.

Initial testing shows that the LDD-H 8up board works well, but I'll give it a few days to run in before I release design files.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190609_204205.jpg (44.6 KB, 7 views)
Unread 06/10/2019, 01:49 PM   #56
perkint
Registered Member

Cool - and (again) thanks

One of the things I'm doing with this little RGB set up is playing with html, JavaScript and currently websockets (may move to Ajax) which are the bits I need to get used to, to migrate the controller code onto a WiFi interface

I'd be doing it now, if it wasn't for the fact that the 15 year old girl is playing Fortnite on my PC instead of me being able to get at it to do some coding

Tim

Unread 06/10/2019, 02:07 PM   #57
lingwendil
Man who sold the world

Feature request- add a time slot feature for simple on/off control of accessories like fans, CO2, etc. A simple time on/off sort of thing would be super handy! That way the dimming channels aren't used up to do it...

Unread 06/11/2019, 06:12 AM   #58
perkint
Registered Member

Shouldn't be difficult I would say post in the controller thread about it tho, to make sure I don't forget.

Tim

Unread 06/11/2019, 07:42 AM   #59
lingwendil
Man who sold the world

Will do