Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/28/2017, 11:00 PM   #376
albano
SALTWATER since '73

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca1ore View Post
Also, getting bored with the tank; thinking about upgrading. Getting quotes on a 425.
NICE, can't wait to see it! You'll have to stop over when my new 500g arrives

Jan. '11 TOTM Manhattan Reefs

Current Tank Info: 500g & 200g acrylic DTs/2 separate reef systems
albano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/01/2017, 10:13 AM   #377
ca1ore
Grizzled & Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by albano View Post
NICE, can't wait to see it! You'll have to stop over when my new 500g arrives
Yes indeed. Assume acrylic again? Who's making it for you?

Got back into the hobby ..... planned to keep it simple ..... yeah, right ..... clearly I need a new plan! Pet peeve: anemones host clowns; clowns do not host anemones!

Current Tank Info: 450 Reef; 120 refugium; 60 Frag Tank, 30 Introduction tank; multiple QTs
ca1ore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/13/2017, 10:12 PM   #378
ca1ore
Grizzled & Cynical

In an attempt to quieten the voices whispering 'go bigger', 'vlamingi tang', 'looks crowded', 'vlamingi tang' ..... oh, wait, those were my kids Saw the ETM Gen4 Pro Radions at one of my LFS and decided to just get better lights. Out with the Reefbreeders Photons (which gave yeomen service BTW); in with Gen4 pro triplets. I've little illusions that they'll grow corals any better, but they certainly look better and perhaps will color up a few of my SPS that have been looking a little colorless. They also dim down better than any other LED fixture I have seen, and though my fish probably don't care, they should ... it's cool.

Got back into the hobby ..... planned to keep it simple ..... yeah, right ..... clearly I need a new plan! Pet peeve: anemones host clowns; clowns do not host anemones!

Current Tank Info: 450 Reef; 120 refugium; 60 Frag Tank, 30 Introduction tank; multiple QTs
Unread 04/21/2017, 10:33 PM   #379
ca1ore
Grizzled & Cynical

Lights didn't help. Looking at ordering my first acrylic tank, nominally a 96" 400 gallon. May be the end of this build thread and the start of another.

Unread 04/27/2017, 08:45 PM   #380
worm5406
Not afriad to admit wrong

Interesting... Can't wait!!

Current Tank Info: Tank:300g Mixed Reef 300+lb LR|4" LS|5x MP40W|75g fuge|5x RadionPRO|RO DB250 skimmer|Apex
worm5406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/28/2017, 09:52 PM   #381
ca1ore
Grizzled & Cynical

This thread is now literally pointless with all of the photos now replaced with that incredibly annoying odometer graphic. Thanks a lot photobucket, I shall remember I cannot really be bothered to fix them. I shall fix them in my new big tank build thread however (400 CT Build).

Unread 02/12/2019, 05:35 PM   #382
MDK007
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca1ore View Post
Most of my current fish will stay, including a large Hippo (currently have two in the 90, one of which will be re-homed), medium Yellow Tang, three Pajama Cardinals, a Flame Angel, two Green Chromis, two Ocellaris Clowns, a large Dusky Wrasse, a Leopard Wrasse, a Watchman Goby, a Mandarin and a Yellow-Tail Damsel. I will also use the tank change to introduce 5 fish that are languishing in QT - a Purple Tang, Potters Angel and a Trio of Bartletts Anthias. So, 20 fish total.

I do intend to eventually add an Achilles Tang, a school of Chalk Basslets, and a Swalsi Basslet. Perhaps also a few more Bartletts.

So, that's the plan!

Lipoprotein

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MDK007 is offline   Reply With Quote