Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04/28/2017, 07:13 PM   #26
Reefer1991
Registered Member

Even though Noone is responding, I guess Ill keep posting updates/questions. Wow... I just witnessed my goby bite my coral beauty and whip him around till the angel got loose. I guess now that he is eating, he wants to be greedy and eat a whole fish lol. Is this a normal thing for gobies? I am now very hesitant to add him to my tank and I am also tempted to make another qt for the angel to get him away from the goby.

Reefer1991 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:04 AM   #27
ginpang
Registered Member

Sounds like territorial behaviour.

I would separate them for remainder of Qt and hunt down some ocean nutrition angel formula or their awesome variety pack.

Also if I felt like lack of space and stress were hindering qting process I would pick the one that's doing best and put him in Display ( continuing prazi in dt)
But not seeing your fish makes it hard to give proper advice... which is probably why you didn't get much feedback above .

Hope they pull through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ginpang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:41 AM   #28
Reefer1991
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginpang View Post
Sounds like territorial behaviour.

But not seeing your fish makes it hard to give proper advice... which is probably why you didn't get much feedback above .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do the pictures not show up? When I say "here's a picture" or "pictures at the bottom" it's because I attatch a picture to my comment. It shows up for me but maybe not for everyone else. Since the second prazi treatment is done, I might just wait 2 more days to be a little more safe that he's healthy then possibly add him to my dt or make him his own qt.

Old Yesterday, 06:19 AM   #29
Reefer1991
Registered Member

https://plus.google.com/107054426560...ts/3C29x5ofTbS
Hopefully that link works. The goby isn't as skinny as he is in that picture because he is now eating but I am still worried about the stringy poo. Both the coral beauty and goby have it but not all of the time. The angels is brown where as the gobies is yellowish brown. Is this normal since they have been eating a lot of mysis lately or do they have worms? If so what would you recommend to treat with because I already did 2 rounds of prazi.

Old Yesterday, 06:38 AM   #30
Reefer1991
Registered Member

I just watched them very closely for about 20 mins. The goby still had the indent in his stomach. Last night I could of sworn it wasn't there anymore. So I guess maybe his stomach might be too shrunken in to make a comeback.

Old Today, 07:17 PM   #31
Reefer1991
Registered Member

The angel just rubbed his right gill again repetitively for a few minutes then stopped. Ughhhh I don't know what to do.

Old Today, 07:32 PM   #32
Reefer1991
Registered Member

Here's a video of him I took 5 minutes ago.
https://plus.google.com/107054426560...ts/2LYopipEk7Z
You can see him flash and near the end he kind of does the odd flutter with his fins. Just a reminder, this is after 2 rounds of prazi pro, and there haven't been any visual signs of any parasites. Just this gill rubbing which seems like it usually occurs later in the day. From seeing this video, what would you guys do if you were in my position. Please give me some feedback. I really don't know if I should treat for ich or what. He eats like a pig. Please, any suggestions?

Tags
coral beauty, fish not eating