Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/28/2018, 03:33 PM   #101
skanderson
Registered Member

trying to get some new pics up of how the tank is progressing. the general answer would be slowly but steadily. just starting to place a bunch of new encrusters in place. need to get a few more anthias to refill the shoal but otherwise I am pretty well stocked with fish. on to the pics.
end view

middle then right side of tank, don't know what happened to the left 1/3 pic.

FTS

a few close ups

skanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/29/2018, 07:15 AM   #102
McPuff
Registered Member

Wow! It looks great! How do the angels get along with one another? Do your pick at the coral at all? I've got an annularis and blueface and neither picks at anything (so far).

Love that you've got a lieutenant tang too! Mine is about 8" long and 2" thick. Definitely a FATTY! :0)

McPuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/30/2018, 02:03 AM   #103
skanderson
Registered Member

angels get along decently well. the biggest struggle is the male flame against all the coral beauties. he keeps them on the right 1/3 of the tank. no significant aggression from the larger angels. the blueface is the top dog, but no damage done to any fish. the corals are a different matter. they randomly, to my eye, pick something that they want to eat and then they pick at it for days. odd stuff too like pavona maldivensis. also pick apart any fleshy coral and sometimes get on a mushroom eating kick. they took out around 20 blue shrooms that I didn't like but then went on to eat every minicarpet in the tank. I had to remove a big blue haddoni carpet before the killed it. worth the trouble in my opinion.

Unread 08/31/2018, 08:28 AM   #104
McPuff
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanderson View Post
angels get along decently well. the biggest struggle is the male flame against all the coral beauties. he keeps them on the right 1/3 of the tank. no significant aggression from the larger angels. the blueface is the top dog, but no damage done to any fish. the corals are a different matter. they randomly, to my eye, pick something that they want to eat and then they pick at it for days. odd stuff too like pavona maldivensis. also pick apart any fleshy coral and sometimes get on a mushroom eating kick. they took out around 20 blue shrooms that I didn't like but then went on to eat every minicarpet in the tank. I had to remove a big blue haddoni carpet before the killed it. worth the trouble in my opinion.
Good info. I removed all LPS before I put in the angels but I do still have some zoas in there. So far they seem to have left the zoas alone. The sinularia also seems to be unaffected. In my tank, the annularis is the boss as he is much bigger than the blueface. Thankfully the blueface is starting to gain confidence. Maybe if I add a small angel it would help to diffuse aggression. Either that or I'll have to remove the annularis for some time.

Unread 09/02/2018, 02:11 AM   #105
skanderson
Registered Member

I don't have a single zoa in my tank. 2 small paly colonies are holding on but not increasing.

Unread 09/04/2018, 08:07 AM   #106
McPuff
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanderson View Post
I don't have a single zoa in my tank. 2 small paly colonies are holding on but not increasing.
Sorry, I meant the zoas in my tank have survived. :0)

Unread 09/04/2018, 11:13 AM   #107
Sisterlimonpot
R.C. Fraternity President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead61 View Post
The rock scape is very unique
At first I didn't like it, but as the tank is maturing, I really like the unique quality. That tank will continue to look awesome!!!

Dishes are done man!

Current Tank Info: 300 in progress
Sisterlimonpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/08/2018, 12:16 PM   #108
skanderson
Registered Member

thanks getting close to being full, so now need to let it be and grow.