Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/24/2017, 07:12 PM   #1
NelsonWells
Registered Member

Steve’s LEDs?

I have a biocube 32 LED and was looking at upgrading the lights . I see a lot of people like Steve’s so I’ve been to there site and was going to purchase the kit. My question is there are a few things that I can add to the purchase and was wondering what they are for and what they do.
1. Bluefish mini vs. hurricane x
2. Iridescence booster?
Also they give me the option to loose 2 blues and swap them for reds is that good? What would be the difference.
Thank you

NelsonWells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/26/2017, 11:50 PM   #2
TimmyD16
Registered Member

The Hurricane X is a wired controller, where to change any of the settings (light schedule / intensity) you'll need to navigate menus with a scroll wheel thing.... Then the Bluefish is a controller that is accessed via WiFi, so you do the adjusting on your phone.

The iridescence booster means they switch out 4 royal blue LEDs for some Violet ones, meaning that you'll get more of that black light effect with some corals.

Those are personal choices... I personally would go with the iridescence booster but that is up to you...

Then for the Red LEDs, I wouldn't, there will be plenty of red light in their white emitters, and 2 of them would be too much for this fixture any way...

Hope this helps.

“Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful.” Karl Pilkington
TimmyD16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/27/2017, 03:46 PM   #3
NelsonWells
Registered Member

Thanks for the info I went ahead and got them with the iridescence booster and also upgraded to the bluefish. So I hope it all works out.

NelsonWells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/27/2017, 05:39 PM   #4
TimmyD16
Registered Member

Sounds good! Be sure to post on here again and let us all know how it went!

“Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful.” Karl Pilkington
TimmyD16 is offline   Reply With Quote