Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/16/2021, 10:07 AM   #1
Alma Knack
Registered Member

Elos Quiet Drain experience

If you have an Elos tank with the Quiet drain system please share your thoughts on its noise, safety, and overall performance. I currently use a Herbie overflow system with an ecotech vectra pump. Unfortunately, the vectra is occasionally inconsistent in its output, yet the Herbie system is able to handle the variable output while maintaining a silent operation without having to constantly adjust the valve. I am worried the Elos quiet drain will need to be adjusted frequently and not be silent and overall as “hands off“ as a Herbie or Bean animal system. The new tank will be in my family room and will need to be absolutely quiet like my Herbie system. I am thinking a bean animal overflow will be best, but I like the Elos overflow small footprint in their peninsula tank and therefore I would like to hear from those who have an Elos. Thank you in advance!

Alma Knack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/19/2021, 01:12 PM   #2
MikeG
Premium Member

Although I cannot comment on the new quite drain, I did run an ELOS 120 for 10 years in my living room which was dead quiet. This was a previous generation of overflow. I can’t imagine the would make it louder. I currently have a 160 XL awaiting shipment from Italy with the new drain. I expect it to be just as good.

Current Tank Info: Elos 120, Elos Planet pro leds
MikeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/19/2021, 02:15 PM   #3
Alma Knack
Registered Member

Thank you Mike!

Alma Knack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/19/2021, 10:14 PM   #4
fish590a
newbie again

I have an older elos 70 with quite drain,and it’s in my living room, I don’t notice it so it’s pretty quite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fish590a is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, elos, noise, overflow, quiet