Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > Coral Propagation and Aquaculture
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/11/2015, 05:53 PM   #26
tokemoke
Registered Member

Great! Another project on the list.

tokemoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/16/2015, 03:52 PM   #27
oscar650
Registered Member

I just use a magnet to hold it until it starts encrusting

oscar650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/16/2015, 06:39 PM   #28
firebirdude
User and Abuser

I didn't have much luck with super glue. It ain't rocket science either. I used the gel type, cut a small piece, applied glue and held it underwater and to the glass for about two minutes. It sticks.....for a couple days. Next thing I know, it has fallen down. I've tried probably 8 patches and only gotten it to stick, stay and grow once. I shoved a little up against the back wall, lying on the bottom of the tank and it started growing upward. Got up about 6" and it has kinda stalled out.

firebirdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/18/2017, 10:55 PM   #29
tedfrommich1976
Registered Member

star polyps growing

i tried wedging the coral frag upside down propped up on rock. a month later polyps died from being encrusted with purple algae. very upsetting. I had no idea how long it would take until they started to spread off of the frag. it never happened. i took gravel out in the front half of biocube also so it could carpet the bottom. i think the frag part blocked too much of the light. im gonna try again soon. how long until they start to spread?.... and is gluing really necessary ?

tedfrommich1976 is offline   Reply With Quote