Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/13/2017, 04:25 PM   #51
malx
Registered Member

Got some more pics for everyone. Two days ago he tried to escape, kind of. He crawled up the back wall covering the overflow. Good thing I have two safety features. An egg crate guard covering the overflow as well as a switch that if the water level gets too high it will trip. Luckily I was at work when this happened because I got to sit and watch it. I didn't try to move the nem I wanted to see if all of my planning would pay off. It did. Once he tripped the alarm the water level dropped since the return shut off. When he got a taste of the air he crawled back down.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (72.9 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (85.5 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (79.8 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (71.7 KB, 132 views)
malx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/13/2017, 04:27 PM   #52
malx
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassguy13 View Post
Ohh neato. I thought it was a sump. I was thinking about making a sump out of something like this

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I plan on a small upgrade to this tank in the coming months and one of them includes building a sump out of a container like this. Stay tuned!

Unread 03/19/2018, 04:52 PM   #53
malx
Registered Member

Hi, Everyone.

So it's time... time to build this Nem a bigger home. It's been over a year since he's been living in this glass box, and although a challenge and looked amazing... I feel it's time they get a bit more swimming room.

Started a Nano Upgrade build thread here: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2671044