Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/05/2019, 06:21 PM   #1
erics3000
Registered Member

Red Sea 525 in office

Been out of hobby for a while but I guess I am gluten for punishment ...lol ..AllI see is $$$$$ Lol. I am living in GA now since I am from FL more of a reason or excuse for a reef tank.

Staring with a 525 xl Deluxe

I think this is a decent size 108 gallon n 31 fish sump. Already a problem the little three gallon top off only last about 3 day and it is a pain to get too. about 3 gallons.Since this time around I am not building anything into house or in wall I felt it was ok to go this route with Tank, Sump, and stand. After buying my tank I found waterbox tanks and if I had to do it again I probably would have went that route. Oh well. I also figured I would get the Deluxe with lights and brackets.

Topoff
I just added a 15 gallon r/o storage tank, this way I can travel a week and not have to worry about tank.

Lighting
525 reefer Deluxe came with three AI lights. I have been dieting for some LEDS. Since I have been out they come a long way in technology with power savings, less heat, and not having to change bulbs all the time...WIn Win

Supplements
Starting simple with a Kalk Reactor and than hopefully down the line add a Calcium Reactor when demands start getting high. I had an old one from my old 300 g Tank so might as well use it. Give some time to buy some corral first LOL..

Filtration
For a skimmer I went ahead an order a Skimz SV 207 Oval DC skimmer. Loving all the dc pumps hoping to better on electric than my last system.

Return and Flow
I have a Jaebao DC pumps for my return and a spare just incase. I had a few old MP40s from my other tank and figure what the heck a couple more Jaebo small dc pumps with wave make feature. The new stuff beats the old maxi Mods from back in the day LOL.

Fuge
I went ahead a sucked it up and bought a Kessil H380 LED HALO II light for macro Algae. I put some egg crate as a divider but now thinking about adding a smaller tank form return for a separate display huge. This will be next..

Live stock
Its a start so far I have a Yellow, Purple, and Hippo Tang. I also have a pair of lighting Maroon clowns (too aggressive), a pair of Banji cardinals, wrasse, File Fish, and a Purple. I lost my Flame hawk he was a jumpier. another disadvantage of a rimless. Contemplating a screen now, but it kills the rimless look. Humm gonna have to think about that.

Next thing will be AquaScape since my tank was up for about three months at old house and just not happy with it since the move. After Aquscape and finish huge than I might be ready for a few corrals.

(Red House for my 300 display 600 system)

Current Tank Info: 600 gallon system with 300 display
erics3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/05/2019, 06:34 PM   #2
erics3000
Registered Member

IMG URL="https://photos.app.goo.gl/Si3YRvoRB8BZeCBBA"]https://photos.app.goo.gl/Si3YRvoRB8BZeCBBA[/URL] IMG

(Red House for my 300 display 600 system)

Current Tank Info: 600 gallon system with 300 display

Last edited by erics3000; 03/05/2019 at 06:48 PM.
erics3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/21/2019, 05:31 PM   #3
houstonreefer
Registered Member

Nice work!!!

houstonreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/21/2019, 05:32 PM   #4
houstonreefer
Registered Member

Nice work!!

houstonreefer is offline   Reply With Quote