Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/30/2018, 02:21 PM   #801
Johnseye
Reef Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by biecacka View Post
So how is this any different than the traditional CaRx set up? Or are there no real advantages to changing out my GEO

Corey
It uses a sensor to detect the CO2 level in the reactor, enabling the solenoid when CO2 is needed. If your GEO works fine I don't know why you would want to change. It is simpler to setup than the GEO.

New 260g build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2557715

Current Tank Info: 260g reef, Giesemann Spectra MH/T5/Kessil A160, Dastaco CaRx, Vortechs, Lifereef skimmer, Red Dragon 3, Apex, Genesis, Angles, Tang, Trigger, Clowns, Anthias, Wrasses, Cardinals, SPS, LPS
Johnseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/30/2018, 02:31 PM   #802
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieSmell View Post
Ok, so the optical sensor is fine, but It appears that the solenoid fails open. Is this really a fail open solenoid?
Sorry for late reply.

Solenoid can fail in situation when saltwater will flow thru open solenoid valve(it will rust mechanism inside).
It can happen when Customer is chaining co2 bottle and solenoid is still connected to controller - after placing on the floor(below water level) due siphon effect water will flow out by the solenoid and after some days/weeks it will stop closing/opening..

Unread 07/30/2018, 02:33 PM   #803
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

John, I have replied to your mail.
Im sorry for late reply!
Regards

Unread 07/30/2018, 03:15 PM   #804
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

I've got a one way flow valve between the solenoid and reactor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post
Sorry for late reply.

Solenoid can fail in situation when saltwater will flow thru open solenoid valve(it will rust mechanism inside).
It can happen when Customer is chaining co2 bottle and solenoid is still connected to controller - after placing on the floor(below water level) due siphon effect water will flow out by the solenoid and after some days/weeks it will stop closing/opening..

Current Tank Info: 78"x36"x27" acrylic, 6 Orphek Atlantik V3+ Compacts, MRC Orca Pro II w/washdown, CalcFeeder Pro AC3, Emperor Aquatics 80w UV, 80/20 aluminum stand, Vortech MP60's, Theiling Rollermat, GHL Profilux 3.1T EX, Kessil H380
HippieSmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/30/2018, 07:00 PM   #805
biecacka
Registered Member

My geo is working. I’m just tired of dealing with the clogging effluent, then having to change the bubble count, etc. just looking at options as well as dosing.

Corey

biecacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/03/2018, 07:51 AM   #806
bobusc83
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieSmell View Post
I've got a one way flow valve between the solenoid and reactor
Same here, I went ahead and installed a check valve to prevent backflow into solenoid and CO2 regulator.

bobusc83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/03/2018, 08:10 AM   #807
bobusc83
Registered Member

Pacific Sun Calc Feeder Pro AC mini satisfied reefer!

First of all, I want to thank the contributors to the thread who have helped Pacific Sun make a better product. I have read the entire thread and saw the comments/suggestions provided and the changes made to improve the product. I certainly sympatize with the early users but thankful for the sacrifices you all have made. So I went ahead and took the plunge and purchased the AC Mini for my 100 gal SPS tank. Received the reactor in a week and a half and arrived perfectly packaged and no damage. Despite the instructions, Pacific Sun answered my questions before I started the setup and I was able to get it setup in less than two hours (cleaning the chambers, filling them with media and water all the way up to powering on and getting the mixing chamber saturated with CO2). I was apprehensive at first but it was much much easer than I thought. Certainly easier than the traditional reactor! As of today, it has been running for two weeks and I have completely stopped my dosing. What I like the best is the ease of adjusting the effluent flow to dial in alkalinity. This is what convinced me to purchase the product. I also purchased a degassing chamber and my tank pH has not been affected. That is a huge plus and was worth purchasing. Thank you again to the fellow reefers and many thanks to Pacific Sun for being so responsive in answering all my questions!

Unread 08/04/2018, 09:45 AM   #808
biecacka
Registered Member

@bobusc83 did you use a CaRx prior to this setup?

Corey

Unread 08/04/2018, 02:44 PM   #809
bobusc83
Registered Member

Quote:
@bobusc83 did you use a CaRx prior to this setup?

Corey

Yes, I had a geo 618, carbon doser, and a medical grade dosing pump for effluent. Night and day difference in usability. Much easier to dial in and control effluent rate

Unread 08/05/2018, 12:35 PM   #810
biecacka
Registered Member

Your had effluent issues with the dosing pump too?

Corey

Unread 08/05/2018, 12:39 PM   #811
bobusc83
Registered Member

Sorry, did not mean to imply that. I simply adjust the pump flow rate incrementally to adjust/keep up with alk. Solenoid valve and optical sensor keeps mixing chamber co2 level to dissolve the media.

Unread 08/06/2018, 11:41 AM   #812
biecacka
Registered Member

I mean on your previous set up. Did you have issues with your peri pump?

Corey

Unread 08/06/2018, 05:20 PM   #813
bobusc83
Registered Member

Quote:
I mean on your previous set up. Did you have issues with your peri pump?

Corey

On my previous setup, I started with dosing two part then transitioned to the calcium reactor mentioned above. At least for me it was not simple or intuitive enough for me to get the effluent rate properly adjusted along with the bubble count to get consistent alk level. Perhaps it was the novice in me. For me the pac sun reactor is ideal for me: simple. Just my humble opinion.

Unread 08/07/2018, 12:30 PM   #814
biecacka
Registered Member

That makes sense

Corey

Unread 08/10/2018, 09:28 AM   #815
jeromeit
Registered Member

Hi all,

How is the solenoid connected to the controller? Has anyone had issues with the optical sensor getting gunked up? Seems like that would be a common issue?

jeromeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/10/2018, 12:32 PM   #816
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Solenoid valve is controlled by CalcFeeder controller.
About opticals sensor - there is no any special issue with that, usually(depending from flow/media type) every 6-12 months you should clean it if controller can't read proper water level inside mixing chamber.
For example - in my home reactor I never cleaned it(since two years). We had one or two reports where Customers used media wich started dissolving in higher pH and media "melted" - it was clogging optical sensor , but any typical media like CarbiSea ARM, natural crushed corals, Knopp Koralith, AM Hydrocarbonat work great...

Unread 08/10/2018, 12:59 PM   #817
jeromeit
Registered Member

Thanks for getting back to me! So is the solenoid valve connected to the controller via a plug?

jeromeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/10/2018, 05:12 PM   #818
bobusc83
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeit View Post
Thanks for getting back to me! So is the solenoid valve connected to the controller via a plug?

Yes it is. The solenoid is powered and controlled by the controller.

Unread 08/16/2018, 02:16 AM   #819
shermanang
Registered Member

Where can I get in Singapore?

shermanang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/16/2018, 01:49 PM   #820
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hello
If there is no any company distributing our products yet please contact with us directly - we find a solution how to make you happy Customer :-)
Please drop mail to info [at] pacific-sun.eu

Regards

Przemek

Unread 08/24/2018, 05:46 AM   #821
kodo28
Registered Member

Hello Przemek,

Trying to start the new AC2 version without the reflow valve,
Actually running 1 bubble/sec, the gas chamber get's a lot of bubbles going down until the bottom and going trough the media chamber.
The flow valve inside between the chambers is most fully closed. Then the media chamber start to get a lot of gas on the top and without reflow valve this gas get trapped there.
The degassing function seems not doing anything to this trapped gas on the top.

Can you please advise ? We are stuck to run AC2 since one month now!! After missing EU cable for the controller and 2 defectives solenoid valves, no solution can be found for the Co2 issue.
Video: https://youtu.be/KCEh-G-a7SE

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 40023718_255291565121306_811729014849798144_n.jpg (18.4 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by kodo28; 08/24/2018 at 06:19 AM.
kodo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/24/2018, 10:24 AM   #822
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hello Kodo
Im sorry to hear that - have you tried to contact with our support ?
Please write directly to service - I'm on short holiday with phone access only(sailing boat) and weak internet.
I cant see your pump type on video - but it looks like you have too strong circulation - its 9W pump? Maybe by mistake you got version from AC4(from all models look the same but the different efficiency) - that would explain why you have "small tornado" inside and pump suck bubbles.

BR

Przemek
PS. I dont know about your issues with solenoid - please send me detail, Im surprised by that (if they weren't flowed by water they should work without any troubles).
Please send me details directly to info [at] pacific - sun . eu

Unread 08/24/2018, 12:19 PM   #823
kodo28
Registered Member

Hello Przemek,

I have sent an email to Tomasz, about the issue he asked me also for a picture from the sticker on the back of the pump. He didn't send me any answer yet.

The pump mounted on the reactor is a 22W (2000L/h) !! So that means it is the wrong pump and would explain why even with the inner valve most fully closed it push bubble on the media chamber.

Concerning the Solonoid valve I have sent emails with videos to service@pacific-sun.eu which Tomasz and Marcin are aware.

PS: I still have also an issue on one of the 2 XXL algae reactor but I will contact later about it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 39956126_580263879055102_6236945894281838592_n.jpg (23.6 KB, 36 views)
kodo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/27/2018, 08:16 AM   #824
PacSun Service
Registered Member

@kodo28

Hello

Thank You for direct contact with our service. We get information that by misstake You get wrong pump model for Your Calcfeeder.
As we know new pump is already packed and wait for courier - You will get it soon.
Again we are very sorry for this misstake.
All further instructions regarding Algae reactors XXL You will get directly from our service on mail.

Best regards

Pacific Sun Service.

PacSun Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/28/2018, 05:53 PM   #825
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

Does anyone know the output voltage and current fed through the solenoid cable, directly from the calcfeeder board?

Current Tank Info: 78"x36"x27" acrylic, 6 Orphek Atlantik V3+ Compacts, MRC Orca Pro II w/washdown, CalcFeeder Pro AC3, Emperor Aquatics 80w UV, 80/20 aluminum stand, Vortech MP60's, Theiling Rollermat, GHL Profilux 3.1T EX, Kessil H380
HippieSmell is offline   Reply With Quote