Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/18/2017, 11:50 PM   #1
Ryan98720
Registered Member

Question Future 10 Gallon Reef Idea

So Ive been thinking about starting a tank for over a year now! And I finally have an idea of how I want to set it up! So I already have a 10 gallon tank that Ive had for a while now. I have built a stand for it with a cabinet and a door on the front to hide everything inside. Inside of this cabinet I plan on having a 5.5 gallon tank to act as a sump/refugium, as well as a small bucket of freshwater, which I plan to use as a source of water for a DIY ATO I plan to build. I am planning of doing a PVC overflow. I will then run this down to the sump. I think I will split the pipe running to the sump and add a shut off valve and use this to make draining the tank for water changes a little easier. Any advice you have for me starting up would be great!

Im going to attach a document that Ive been writing down all of my thoughts, ideas, and questions.

Thank you so much for your time,
Ryan

Attached Files
File Type: docx 10 Gallon Reef Idea For Word.docx (26.6 KB, 7 views)
Ryan98720 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10 gallon reef, diy, ideas, new be