Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Military Reefers Group
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/03/2018, 02:34 PM   #1
MrSkumFrog
Registered Member

Whoa! I’m going to Deu...

Yes!
I got a Tentative job offer for Deutschland! Pending BG check and security clearance. I’m currently a GS employee at BAMC. Has anyone here been stationed at Landstuhl?

I have a Reefer 250 65g and a 50g Cube. I wonder if I should bring the cube? Hopefully there’s a reef shop close.

Unread 09/03/2018, 03:16 PM   #2
Sisterlimonpot
R.C. Fraternity President

I was stationed at Spangdahlem, went to Landstuhl a few times. My impression was it was like little america... Congratulations by the way. I have very found memories of my time in Germany!!!

Dishes are done man!

Current Tank Info: 300 in progress
Sisterlimonpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/31/2018, 11:36 PM   #3
BonsaiNut
Premium Member

Late post... you're probably long gone.

I was stationed south of Pirmasens, about 10 miles south of Landstuhl. Beautiful area - very forested - but pretty darn rural. Not sure about the local reef scene.

Pick up German ASAP - even if you speak it poorly. You get serious cred if you respect the culture and try to speak the language. My best friends were German and I dated a couple of German girls... their parents really liked listening to my bad German

Unread 02/08/2019, 09:40 PM   #4
Sisterlimonpot
R.C. Fraternity President

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonsaiNut View Post
Late post... you're probably long gone.

I was stationed south of Pirmasens, about 10 miles south of Landstuhl. Beautiful area - very forested - but pretty darn rural. Not sure about the local reef scene.

Pick up German ASAP - even if you speak it poorly. You get serious cred if you respect the culture and try to speak the language. My best friends were German and I dated a couple of German girls... their parents really liked listening to my bad German
So true! I tell that to everyone, if you show the respect and try to speak in German they will more than likely start speaking to you in English.

It's been 15 years since I've been there and tried to have a conversation in German the other day, boy was that a mess!!!

Dishes are done man!

Current Tank Info: 300 in progress
Sisterlimonpot is offline   Reply With Quote