Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Saint Louis Area Saltwater Hobbyists (SLASH)
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/15/2017, 12:02 PM   #1
chucklez
Registered Member

Neptune Apex COR - Early Look

Neptune has finally put their COR pump into production. I just received my test unit today and I will document it here. I received the COR-20 which is rated at 2000gph. Power usage is 100W 24VDC. Other specifics such as head height I do not yet have. I also do not have a 1link module. On the COR page it states that to get full functionality a 1link is required.

As the ATK (Auto Topoff Kit) before it, an Apex is not required to use, but it adds functionality. Some of the features include being able to sense if there is an obstruction it will send an alert to you. It also monitors temperatures in the pump and if too high, it will automatically slow itself down.

Size of the input is 1" and output is .75 inches. Not yet sure if it is BPT or NPT threads as in the Flow Monitoring Module.

Opening the box it comes with the pump, driver, power supply, Aquabus cable, a 1.25" PVC union (which makes me think it is BPT threading) and several slip fittings. Screws to mount the driver and an Allen wrench are tossed into the box as well. First impression of the pump is that it is small, but hefty. very solid feeling, even if the outside case is plastic. The pump itself has rubber feet to help deaden sound. The controller is simple silver about the size of a pack of cards. Two buttons which I assume are up and down speed.

Thats it for now until I can get it plumbed in. A firmware upgrade is required before running, so when they release it I will plumb it into the system and write a further review.

*edit. I just re-read the pump info page and it states "Energy Bar 832 or 1LINK with available 1LINK port (COR-15)", so I am assuming only the COR-15 requires a 1LINK?

Current Tank Info: 150g
chucklez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/16/2017, 07:09 AM   #2
BryanCaruso
Registered Member

Nice pump but I love me some diet Mountain Dew

BryanCaruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/16/2017, 08:43 AM   #3
chucklez
Registered Member

Yeah, shameless plug for a Pepsico product. Now to wait for the endorsement dollars to roll in. #PepsicoMakeMeRich!

Unread 08/16/2017, 02:50 PM   #4
EDJFA
Registered Member

I drink enough of that stuff to raise their earnings a penny or two all by myself.

I don't own any Neptune products. I'm afraid of buying one and then feeling like I need them all.

As I sit here listening to my current return pump strangely hum, I might have the need for a new one at some point in the somewhat near future.

Unread 10/07/2017, 08:50 AM   #5
saltwaterpicaso
Registered Member

how is the pump going any news on release date yet

saltwaterpicaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/07/2017, 09:04 AM   #6
chucklez
Registered Member

Nothing as of yet. They/we are still trying to dial in the firmware to get the most out of it. Not trying to sell you on something, but there are some really nice features on the pump. Power usage, temp, and can be used iin conjunction with the FMK.

Not sure on pricing, but I have heard whispers in the 250-350 range depending on model. Honestly I dont think it will be much longer. Reviews are good so far and any issues that have popped up are becoming more and more minor as well as less frequent.