Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reefkeeping Online Magazine > Mitch Carl
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/31/2008, 11:33 AM   #1
rigleautomotive
Premium Member

aefw

Hi Mitch,
I was wondering if you are still flatworm free on the system you treated and if you still recommend the same treatment currently.

TOTM December 2010
Coral Magazine Sept/Oct 2012

Current Tank Info: 180 gal SPS dominated display, 3 X 250 watt Radiums , lumenarc III minis , with VHO actinics, ETS downdraft skimmers, closed loops and 2 Tunze 6105 & 7095 controller,DIY calcium reactors DIY custom built sumps,since 1992
rigleautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/31/2008, 12:21 PM   #2
mjcarl
Registered Member

Hi Dan, we've been flatworm free for over three years now. No treatments have been done since the intial ones. Since I've been free of flatworms, I haven't done much w/ them since, so I would stick w/ the original treatment I did.

Mitch

mjcarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/31/2008, 12:37 PM   #3
rigleautomotive
Premium Member

Thanks for the reply,if you dont mind would you give me a plan of attack for doing 40 plus acroporas and putting them back in the display.i wont be able to set up a quarentine tank to house all the corals with some being 16 inches in diameter.also is the levamasole what you had sucess with or do you feel tmpcc would work equally as well.most of the 40 or so acros only show a small bit of recession at the base that advances a small amount each day with a few showing some bite marks.at the base where they are receeding i do see some white ,cottony slime but no distinct brown egg masses.

TOTM December 2010

Current Tank Info: 180 gal SPS dominated display, 3 X 250 watt Radiums , lumenarc III minis , with VHO actinics, ETS downdraft skimmers, closed loops and 2 Tunze 6105 & 7095 controller,DIY calcium reactors DIY custom built sumps,since 1992
Unread 07/31/2008, 01:16 PM   #4
rigleautomotive
Premium Member

Levasole/Levamisole Pig Wormer

Click here for non-flash larger view

(Schering Animal Health) Effective against large roundworms, nodular worms, lung worms and intestinal threadworms in swine. Mix final solution at the rate of 10 ml per 1 gallon of water. Allow 1 gallon of medicated water to 100 lbs. of swine body weight. 500 ml bottle will treat 5000 lbs. of body weight

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...tive/levam.jpg

i have this being overnighted for tomorrow.can you tell me how to prepare the dip.how much of the levamisole per 5 gallon of sea water.
thanks in advance

TOTM December 2010

Unread 07/31/2008, 03:45 PM   #5
mjcarl
Registered Member

Dan, in the article I wrote, it has a sidebar that shows you how to calculate the dose. Not having a quarantine system can complicate it, since there might be flatworms left behind (or eggs). I would just take the colonies out, dip them, vigourously shake them and then return them to the tank. I would dip one or two intially to confirm that you are indeed dealing w/ Acro flatworms.

Mitch

mjcarl is offline   Reply With Quote