Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/03/2018, 12:51 PM   #326
d0ughb0y
Registered Member

The DCP is their 4th generation I think (DC, DCS, DCT, DCP), and I think is as good as it can get. maybe some minor non essential improvement can still be made, but I think is pretty good as it is. I think its been a while since this first came out, maybe mid-late 2016 (first post of this thread is august 2016)?

d0ughb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/08/2018, 04:06 PM   #327
Mr. Comer
Registered Member

My DCP and DCT are still running perfectly...

Unread 05/08/2018, 05:41 PM   #328
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

My DCP-8000 is great, been running as a return for over a year and moved it to my life reef skimmer a few days ago. I recently moved and get brownouts routinely at my new house. The DCP controller goes into error mode for some reason and needs to be powered off and back on to work properly and I came home multiple times to the return off for who knows how long. This is whatever on my Skimmer but unacceptable for a return pump. I havnt experience the same issue yet with the VarioS I replaced it with and the dcp is a monster when paired with a lifereef skimmer so I am still very happy overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orcus Varuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/08/2018, 09:38 PM   #329
jody.busch
Registered Member

I am in the process of setting up my 75 gallon after 8 year hiatus. The problem I'm having is, I'm not sure the dcp8000 will fit. The return section on my sump is exactly 4". Is there anyway I can fit it in there?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

jody.busch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/09/2018, 04:27 AM   #330
RobZilla04
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jody.busch View Post
I am in the process of setting up my 75 gallon after 8 year hiatus. The problem I'm having is, I'm not sure the dcp8000 will fit. The return section on my sump is exactly 4". Is there anyway I can fit it in there?

Not likely 7inx4inx5in. Check the pump size specs on Amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/Jebao-DCP-800...ywords=dcp8000

Unread 05/09/2018, 04:28 AM   #331
mcgyvr
Registered Member

Quote:
Nope.. Its just slightly over 4" in width..

Unread 05/09/2018, 05:22 AM   #332
jody.busch
Registered Member

Is the body the same width as the base?

Unread 05/09/2018, 06:12 AM   #333
RobZilla04
Registered Member

Quote:
Is the body the same width as the base?

Essentially yes.

Unread 05/09/2018, 08:03 AM   #334
jody.busch
Registered Member

Well that's not what I wanted to hear.

I built an acyric box that I was going to use as a WTO, maybe I can just plumb it in next to it for a return section. Just to get me going and build another sump with the design I need.

Unread 05/09/2018, 08:21 AM   #335
mcgyvr
Registered Member

Quote:
Well that's not what I wanted to hear.

I built an acyric box that I was going to use as a WTO, maybe I can just plumb it in next to it for a return section. Just to get me going and build another sump with the design I need.

Got pics of your sump?
can you maybe run it backwards or something?

Unread 05/09/2018, 08:47 AM   #336
Mark SF
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcus Varuna View Post
My DCP-8000 is great, been running as a return for over a year and moved it to my life reef skimmer a few days ago. I recently moved and get brownouts routinely at my new house. The DCP controller goes into error mode for some reason and needs to be powered off and back on to work properly and I came home multiple times to the return off for who knows how long. This is whatever on my Skimmer but unacceptable for a return pump. I havnt experience the same issue yet with the VarioS I replaced it with and the dcp is a monster when paired with a lifereef skimmer so I am still very happy overall.

I'm looking to pick up a SVS3-30 - do you have a model recommendation for the DCP? I was thinking the DCP8000 should provide enough flow.

-Mark

Mark SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/09/2018, 09:29 AM   #337
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark SF View Post
I'm looking to pick up a SVS3-30 - do you have a model recommendation for the DCP? I was thinking the DCP8000 should provide enough flow.

-Mark

I’m running the 8000 at 80% to get approximately 1700gph flowing through the skimmer. I can’t find the thread right now but other users ran tests on the standard Venturi and found air injection was maxed at right around 1600gph so an 8000 is perfect if ran in that 80-85% range.

Orcus Varuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/09/2018, 09:31 AM   #338
Mark SF
Registered Member

Awesome thanks for the info!

Mark SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/09/2018, 04:08 PM   #339
jody.busch
Registered Member

This what I'm working with.

Unread 05/11/2018, 07:21 AM   #340
Chicago
Registered Member

wondering.. read through all this..

do we have info on DCP18000 running as return pump with to push water up 5 meters.. or 15 feet i should say.

I have a 15 year iwaki rlt 100 that is .. i think about to fail...

my apex is showing that it is pushing 1250 gallons roughly per hour at that height.. wondering if the DCP 18000 can at least match that..

Current Tank Info: 500 gal starphire, reef sps dominated, 40 plus fish, 300 gallon sump in basement below, reeftek calcium reactor, reeftek kalkwasser reactor, lifeguard fluidized filter for rowaphose, 4 400MH 10k xm, 2 160 vho super attinic, DYI 50 gallon denitrator
Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/11/2018, 08:33 AM   #341
mcgyvr
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago View Post

do we have info on DCP18000 running as return pump with to push water up 5 meters.. or 15 feet i should say.

my apex is showing that it is pushing 1250 gallons roughly per hour at that height.. wondering if the DCP 18000 can at least match that..
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...php?p=25059201

Unread 05/11/2018, 07:38 PM   #342
neilp2006
Registered Member

Jebao DCP return pump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago View Post

Real world test right here... from a previous post to f mine from a couple weeks ago-

To play devils advocate here- i literally just finished testing a Jebao DCP 18000. I tested with 1.5" sch40 17 feet straight up in my yard and got 1900 gph at 100% (130W). While this is around 1/2 of the stated stats on the box, it is much more than i need for my 180 gallon tank. I can add a T-manifold for a refugium, and frag tank and still hit 7X turnover on my DT.

My plumbing plan is a 5 foot vertical- 15 foot horizontal at a 1/4" per foot pitch- 7 feet vertical. 2 x 90 degree elbows and about 5 feet of flex sch40 in that run. I used a head pressure calculator to calculate the head and it came out at 18.2 feet.

im pretty happy about it. Although it is about 1/2 of the rating, for $129 its a great deal. plus it runs internal so i dont have to drill holes.

Another basement return question
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...9&share_type=t

Last edited by neilp2006; 05/11/2018 at 07:44 PM.
neilp2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/12/2018, 08:07 AM   #343
Chicago
Registered Member

thank you for the input.. will see how the DCP handles the return on my system.. the returns are one per side. each side of the tank has right now an iwaki rlt 100.. so talking total of over 800 watts.

each side is split.. one side passes through a uv unit.. larger unit.. so there are some curves and elbow on the returns..

Will be interesting to see ... right now at a head height of 15 feet the iwaki rlt is giving me a total return of 1150 to 1300 gallons per side per hour. (according the apex flow meters) .. Given all the elbows and curves and splits on my returns.. although the curve for the Iwaki rlt100 says 1740 gallons per hour a loss of 500 gallons, although not great is not to bad.

Current Tank Info: 500 gal starphire, reef sps dominated, 40 plus fish, 300 gallon sump in basement below, reeftek calcium reactor, reeftek kalkwasser reactor, lifeguard fluidized filter for rowaphose, 4 400MH 10k xm, 2 160 vho super attinic, DYI 50 gallon denitrator
Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/28/2018, 09:43 PM   #344
Convict Tang
Registered Member

My DCP-6500 is a dud

I have heard great things about this pump from local reefers in my area using them for returns or for water changing station pumps. I purchased the DCP-6500 for my water changing station. I plumbed it, primed it with water, and get it ready to go. I plugged it in and got P000 to display on it and then nothing.

Tried again several times and got it to work, but as soon as I unplugged it wouldn't start up again.

It's extremely frustrating because I have plumbed the entire station and I'm past the 30 day return window on Amazon (I should have purchased to a better site like Chewy or something), but now I'm stuck with a really expensive PVC elbow.

My Quiet One pump can run water through the pump and power the station inside my containers (with no leaks yay!).

I wish I could use it but I think the powersupply is junk. When it works I let it run for about 10 minutes then I try to adjust the flow and as soon as I press the adjustment button I get ER01. I don't know what to do at this point.

If I could do it again, I would have just plumbed the quiet one externally and would have been done with it .

Reference pics are below if anyone can help. Jabeo is not helpful and I'm out of the Amazon return claim period (30 days - I had the equipment with me in the box while I was setting everything up :-/ ).

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...0432/image.jpg

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net...89&oe=5BBD762C

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net...28&oe=5B85E691

Last edited by Convict Tang; 05/28/2018 at 09:45 PM. Reason: More details
Convict Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/29/2018, 05:16 AM   #345
ryeguyy84
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict Tang View Post
I have heard great things about this pump from local reefers in my area using them for returns or for water changing station pumps. I purchased the DCP-6500 for my water changing station. I plumbed it, primed it with water, and get it ready to go. I plugged it in and got P000 to display on it and then nothing.

Tried again several times and got it to work, but as soon as I unplugged it wouldn't start up again.

It's extremely frustrating because I have plumbed the entire station and I'm past the 30 day return window on Amazon (I should have purchased to a better site like Chewy or something), but now I'm stuck with a really expensive PVC elbow.

My Quiet One pump can run water through the pump and power the station inside my containers (with no leaks yay!).

I wish I could use it but I think the powersupply is junk. When it works I let it run for about 10 minutes then I try to adjust the flow and as soon as I press the adjustment button I get ER01. I don't know what to do at this point.

If I could do it again, I would have just plumbed the quiet one externally and would have been done with it .

Reference pics are below if anyone can help. Jabeo is not helpful and I'm out of the Amazon return claim period (30 days - I had the equipment with me in the box while I was setting everything up :-/ ).

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...0432/image.jpg

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net...89&oe=5BBD762C

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net...28&oe=5B85E691
But a new one, take the good power supply out and then return it. I'd feel less bad about that because it was actually defective.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 90 gallon
ryeguyy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/29/2018, 09:20 AM   #346
d0ughb0y
Registered Member

you installed it external? you said you had to prime it.
The DC pump will stop if it is run dry.

I think it worked as it should and you were trying to run it like an AC pump.

Unread 05/29/2018, 09:30 AM   #347
alemone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ughb0y View Post
you installed it external? you said you had to prime it.
The DC pump will stop if it is run dry.

I think it worked as it should and you were trying to run it like an AC pump.
I am not sure what he meant by priming it. His setup should work witout any priming as long as the valves are open. I use this pump for the very same type of mixing station.

alemone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/29/2018, 09:41 AM   #348
d0ughb0y
Registered Member

typically, priming is needed if there is air trapped in the pump. in most cases, starting the pump should push any trapped air out. It seems like in this case, it is not able to and the controller shuts down to prevent pump from running dry. If the pump runs fine in a bucket of water, then the problem is in the way it is installed, not the pump. Like perhaps it was setup to "suck" water to the input, which will not work.

Unread 05/29/2018, 09:54 AM   #349
d0ughb0y
Registered Member

As an example, I used to use an Eheim pump and attached an elbow to the input so it sucks in water like within half inch from the bottom of the sump. This worked fine with the ac pump, but did not work with DC pump as it is not able to purge out the air trapped in the elbow with suction. Perhaps due to the soft start feature? AC pump runs at full speed once power is applied. Does this mean DC pump is defective? I don’t think so. Just not designed to work in that configuration.

Unread 05/29/2018, 11:41 AM   #350
alemone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ughb0y View Post
As an example, I used to use an Eheim pump and attached an elbow to the input so it sucks in water like within half inch from the bottom of the sump. This worked fine with the ac pump, but did not work with DC pump as it is not able to purge out the air trapped in the elbow with suction. Perhaps due to the soft start feature? AC pump runs at full speed once power is applied. Does this mean DC pump is defective? I don’t think so. Just not designed to work in that configuration.
AS far as I can tell, the pump should be flooded as long as there is water in the container. More importantly, once "primed" there shouldn't be air any longer. Unless he is doing something wrong...

alemone is offline   Reply With Quote