Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Avast Marine Works
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/11/2013, 03:48 PM   #1
dtaranath
Premium Member

programming the apex for the skimmate locker

I am having a hard time understanding the apex breakout box. I have it currently hooked up to the skimmate locker. How do I program it so it shuts the skimmer off if it gets full, and then sends me an email that the skimmer is off?

It's occupying Switch6 at the moment. I've looked at the examples, but I don't understand what is defined as "open" and "closed" with this skimmate locker (or any other) switch.

help!

Unread 11/11/2013, 03:52 PM   #2
james1990
Registered Member

Your looking for the statement to detect if the locker is full then send an alert email as well as skimmer "off" ?

I'm not brushed up on the BB statements but are you trying to run a leak detection mod or a float switch in the locker?

james1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/11/2013, 03:56 PM   #3
dtaranath
Premium Member

float switch, i think. It came with a little black tube (I assume the float switch) that gets inserted into the top of the locker.

But, you are correct. I'm most in need of understanding what the the "open" state is vs. the "closed" state of the float switch. Once it is filled up, is that "open" or "closed"? That might help clarify things for me.

Unread 11/12/2013, 11:29 PM   #4
tramboneplayer5
Registered Member

I think that when the float switch is down, i.e. the locker is not yet full, the switch is "closed." I got the Apex-ready option and the instructions that came with it included this:
For example, the following code can be used on the Neptune Apex for typical auto-shutoff function:
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Switch1 CLOSED Then ON
This will tell the Apex to turn the associated outlet OFF if the switch is open (pressurized state; locker is full), and keep the outlet ON while the switch is unpressurized (i.e., locker is empty).
You should just have to change Avast's code to "Switch6" and it should work. Best of luck!

tramboneplayer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/13/2013, 06:53 AM   #5
dtaranath
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramboneplayer5 View Post
I think that when the float switch is down, i.e. the locker is not yet full, the switch is "closed." I got the Apex-ready option and the instructions that came with it included this:
For example, the following code can be used on the Neptune Apex for typical auto-shutoff function:
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Switch1 CLOSED Then ON
This will tell the Apex to turn the associated outlet OFF if the switch is open (pressurized state; locker is full), and keep the outlet ON while the switch is unpressurized (i.e., locker is empty).
You should just have to change Avast's code to "Switch6" and it should work. Best of luck!
Thank you also. It appears that your program should also work. Probably either method would work, given that they use the same logic.