Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Marine Depot
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/12/2016, 04:14 PM   #1
ezcompany
Registered Member

MD Feedback

You guys have good customer service and a aggressive email marketing system. I appreciate all the items in my cart reminder emails, but when you do send out codes, please make sure they apply to the actual items in my cart.
I called 3 separate times to place an order but no one was available to answer my call, and your live chat function does not work because it won't let me choose a "department". When I was finally able to reach someone I was very disappointed to hear that the items in my cart does not qualify for any kind of coupon. It's nice to offer to save money and incentivize the sale but please make sure its right first...
Thanks for hearing me out.

Current Tank Info: IM40
ezcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/15/2016, 09:32 AM   #2
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Smile Thank you for shopping at Marine Depot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezcompany View Post
You guys have good customer service and a aggressive email marketing system. I appreciate all the items in my cart reminder emails, but when you do send out codes, please make sure they apply to the actual items in my cart.
I called 3 separate times to place an order but no one was available to answer my call, and your live chat function does not work because it won't let me choose a "department". When I was finally able to reach someone I was very disappointed to hear that the items in my cart does not qualify for any kind of coupon. It's nice to offer to save money and incentivize the sale but please make sure its right first...
Thanks for hearing me out.
Hi ezcompany. Thank you for shopping with us and taking the time (and caring enough) to jump online and share your honest feedback with us. It really means a lot and helps us improve.

We are actually working on updating all of our automated emails now—so we'll get the cart reminders updated as well so we don't frustrate you or any future shoppers. New versions won't be live immediately, since we just started working on this project, but rest assured we'll get it done soon! Unfortunately there are some products we simply aren't allowed to offer discounts on without prior authorization due to manufacturer MAP pricing policies. Some of our competitors ignore these rules, which is unfortunate for us and our mutual vendor partners. But we do our best to play by the rules and communicate exclusions to offers when they exist. But as your post shows, we can always do better! So thank you.

When you were attempting to contact us, was it during our regular business hours (M-Th 7 am to 5 pm and Friday 7 am to 4 pm)? Our customer support call center is in our Southern California headquarters and I have not heard of any telephone issues. Was the wait time too long? Is that why it took 3 call attempts to reach us? I just want to be clear on what occured so I can relay these friction points to the appropriate parties.

Did you end up placing an order with us? What is your T-shirt size?

Thank you again for the honest testimonial.

Jeff @ Marine Depot

UPDATE 8:40 am 7/15: One of our customer support supervisors just tested our live chat feature and it is currently operating fine, although perhaps there was an issue when you attempted to use it earlier. I also tested it myself, just to be sure, and I was able to reach a human on our side in about 30 seconds. We are making every effort to have someone on live chat at all times, so it's a great reminder that it is the preferred way to speak with us for many shoppers who may be at work (for example) when they contact us. We will also be updating our live chat software shortly so it will be a little more robust and user-friendly. Those changes will be live no later than October.

Last edited by MarineDepot; 07/15/2016 at 09:46 AM.
MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/15/2016, 07:52 PM   #3
ezcompany
Registered Member

Thanks for responding Jeff.
The calls were made around 12-2pm, PST. The wait times were over 2 minutes for all three calls. The chat function definitely did not work, maybe its a compatibility issue with Google Chrome? I will be placing the order next week. Thanks again.

Current Tank Info: IM40
ezcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/18/2016, 10:03 AM   #4
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Thumbs up MD Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezcompany View Post
Thanks for responding Jeff.
The calls were made around 12-2pm, PST. The wait times were over 2 minutes for all three calls. The chat function definitely did not work, maybe its a compatibility issue with Google Chrome? I will be placing the order next week. Thanks again.
Thank you for the response. I will relay the incident times to our IT and support departments. PM me your order # (when the time comes) and shirt size so I can include a token of our appreciation for letting us know of the difficulty you experienced shopping last time.

Have a great Monday!

MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote