Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > LPS Keepers
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/04/2018, 03:07 PM   #1
steve1981
Registered Member

Hammerhead ok?

Hi. I bought a hammerhead frag a few days ago and it doesn’t seem to get any more extended than this. It was the same in the shop but thought it would extend a little when at home in my tank. But it stays like this.

Is this normal for a young (frag of hammerhead) and does it just have to grow longer... erm... tentacles? Whatever they’re called.

Any advice would be great. Ps I’ve tried several places in the tank and the same in all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/05/2018, 11:44 AM   #2
daninflipflops
In Memoriam

is it a single head? from my experience the single heads dont seem to puff up as much as multiples, but that could be me. it looks healthy just not full extended how much flow is on it?

daninflipflops is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/05/2018, 11:56 AM   #3
steve1981
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daninflipflops View Post
is it a single head? from my experience the single heads dont seem to puff up as much as multiples, but that could be me. it looks healthy just not full extended how much flow is on it?

I think it’s a single head yes. At the moment I would say low flow. However I tried higher up in medium flow but was pretty much the same, maybe even a little tighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/11/2018, 04:07 AM   #4
jeffp1
Registered Member

I agree that it looks healthy. Mine started as a single head and stayed that way for at least a month, and then took off. Probably 50 heads after a little over a year. Mine does like moderate flow.

jeffp1 is offline   Reply With Quote