Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/07/2019, 05:28 PM   #1
scarpenter
Registered Member

Salinity monitor besides Apex?

Hello all,

When i am out of town i monitor my tank with my phone by the way of an ink bird temperature control and a few geeni outlets that i can control from my iPhone. The problem is i am out of town now, and my tank sitter says my aqua lifter pump on my ATO is not able not putting enough freshwater in at a time so the alarm keeps going off. So all that to say...besides getting an apex just for the salinity probe. Is there another salinity probe I can monitor from my phone? I dont like the tank sitter measuring salinity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/08/2019, 05:11 PM   #2
RobbyG
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarpenter View Post
Hello all,

When i am out of town i monitor my tank with my phone by the way of an ink bird temperature control and a few geeni outlets that i can control from my iPhone. The problem is i am out of town now, and my tank sitter says my aqua lifter pump on my ATO is not able not putting enough freshwater in at a time so the alarm keeps going off. So all that to say...besides getting an apex just for the salinity probe. Is there another salinity probe I can monitor from my phone? I dont like the tank sitter measuring salinity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apex Salinity probe is not reliable. I suggest you read up on it before buying a system just to get a probe that does not work reliably. I would get the Hanna Digital Salinity probe

https://www.marinedepot.com/hanna-in...rature-tester#

It cannot be read remotely but your tank sitter would have a hard time messing up the test and relaying the wrong reading to you.

Current Tank Info: Insanely Automated Low Power Consumption 90 Gal Oceanic Bow System/Aquatronica Touch Controller/AQ Dosing Pump/AQT LEDS/AQ SMS/Seq Dart Pump/ASM G3/Ozotech Ozonizer/Koralin 1502/Chiller/Typhoon3 Ro/S.Squirt /Phos React/Rmt DSB
RobbyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/09/2019, 08:53 PM   #3
scrapz
Saturation+100

Always draw a line where the water lvl is suppose to be . Easiest indicator for a sitter.

On another note, if you cant trust your sitter to measure salinity.... probably shouldnt be having that person watching your tank.

scrapz is offline   Reply With Quote