Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/11/2016, 11:35 AM   #76
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kactai View Post
Hi,

I currently have the orbit marine 48"-60" LED fixture on my standard 75g tank. I'm lookin to keep LPS and softies and I'm wondering if I should supplement with an orbit marine pro 36-48" or if I can get away with another of the cheaper 48" non pro models?

In other words, how does adding another fixture increase PAR and PUR values for these lights?

Thanks
Hi Kactai,

If your goal is LPS and softies, a second 48"-60" non-pro Orbit Marine fixture should do the trick.

If you may be wanting to keep SPS coral, clams or some of the higher-light anemones, then you will want to go ahead and add a 48"-60" Orbit Marine Pro.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/22/2016, 08:26 AM   #77
leemchildress
Registered Member

I have a 60 gallon cube (24 x 24 x 24) which I am in the process of setting up. I was really considering a Kessil 360w but I'm almost worried my wife will hate the shimmer and I'm concerned about shadowing. If I were to put two Marine Orbit Pro 24-36" on my tank, would I still be able to have a clam and some SPS?

leemchildress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/22/2016, 11:31 AM   #78
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemchildress View Post
I have a 60 gallon cube (24 x 24 x 24) which I am in the process of setting up. I was really considering a Kessil 360w but I'm almost worried my wife will hate the shimmer and I'm concerned about shadowing. If I were to put two Marine Orbit Pro 24-36" on my tank, would I still be able to have a clam and some SPS?
Hi leemchildress,

Two Orbit Marine Pro's, which would be the same as the DUAL Orbit Marine Pro fixture, would be sufficient to keep clams and SPS. However, at this price range you may also want to take a look at the Hydra 52HD or the Radion: both offer significantly more power and more functionality for about the same price.

Unread 02/09/2016, 08:25 AM   #79
maelv
Registered Member

Lighting ideas

Looking at getting a 30L x30W x20H aquarium. And am looking at lighting options. Saw these lights and was wondering if they would work for my intended application:
24-36 Inch DUAL Orbit

I plan on hanging them up to 10" from the top of the aquarium and want to keep a mixed reef with corals requiring high light output
  • Would I be able to keep SPS in other than the top tier of the aquarium, if not about how far from top would I have to place them?
  • Would they provide enough coverage to the entire tank?
  • And finally, can they be synced to one another in terms of exact time of day for ramping programs, lighting schedule with one unit and the other acting as a slave unit, etc?

I have read through this thread and see you suggesting the Maxspect 27 Inch Razor 15,000K regularly. If the Orbits would not be optimal for my set up, if not, what would you recommend to get coverage over the tank?

And not light related, but for powerheads. Looking at either Maxspect Gyre XF130 or VorTech MP10wQD for flow. Will two of the Vortechs work? These will be mounted to back wall of tank.

Thank you for your time.

maelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/09/2016, 03:57 PM   #80
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelv View Post
Looking at getting a 30L x30W x20H aquarium. And am looking at lighting options. Saw these lights and was wondering if they would work for my intended application:
24-36 Inch DUAL Orbit

I plan on hanging them up to 10" from the top of the aquarium and want to keep a mixed reef with corals requiring high light output
  • Would I be able to keep SPS in other than the top tier of the aquarium, if not about how far from top would I have to place them?
  • Would they provide enough coverage to the entire tank?
  • And finally, can they be synced to one another in terms of exact time of day for ramping programs, lighting schedule with one unit and the other acting as a slave unit, etc?

I have read through this thread and see you suggesting the Maxspect 27 Inch Razor 15,000K regularly. If the Orbits would not be optimal for my set up, if not, what would you recommend to get coverage over the tank?

And not light related, but for powerheads. Looking at either Maxspect Gyre XF130 or VorTech MP10wQD for flow. Will two of the Vortechs work? These will be mounted to back wall of tank.

Thank you for your time.
Very unique dimensions. Should be fun to aquascape!

The Orbit Dual Pro should work fine for a mixed reef with SPS on the upper 1/2 of the aquarium. You may need more than 10" to get proper coverage as the Orbit Pro's have narrower 60-degree lens. Using a custom bracket to set the lights further apart may also do the trick. With the Orbit Dual Pro, the controller will control the two lights as one, so one will mimic / sync-with the other.

For a 30" x 30", we would probably go with a Radion Pro ourselves. The wide angle lens upgrade will help you to get a full coverage. The 170W of power will also come in quite handy for SPS corals. The 27" Razor, also a great light, will not do as good of a job covering the 30" from front to back.

As for the pumps, either will be a good option. A 78 gallon tank is toward the upper end of the capacity for two MP10's, so having more-open rock work would be preferable.

If you have any other questions, please let us know

Unread 03/11/2016, 06:44 PM   #81
sstwelder
Registered Member

Hi, I just finished my cycle in my 36g bow front and am looking at upgrading my t8 light. Would 1 orbit marine pro be enough to grow all types of corals? Tank dimensions 30"L, 10.5"-15"W and 19"H.

sstwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/14/2016, 09:20 AM   #82
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstwelder View Post
Hi, I just finished my cycle in my 36g bow front and am looking at upgrading my t8 light. Would 1 orbit marine pro be enough to grow all types of corals? Tank dimensions 30"L, 10.5"-15"W and 19"H.
One Orbit Pro should be to fine as long as you place the corals according to their light requirements. The higher light corals will need to be placed on the upper one-third of the aquarium. To have more flexibility of where you can place corals, you may want two fixtures.

Unread 04/18/2016, 05:19 PM   #83
Bob 75 G
Registered Member

Current USA Marine Pro for FOWLR

My tank is a 75 Gallong FOWLR and I have the regular Current USA Orbit Marine but was thinking about buying the Pro version. Doctors Foster & Smith has it for $100 off until 4-21-2106. It has more color, do you think it would livein my tank up with more color and brightness or would it be overkill for FOWLR because it looks like everyones buying it for reef tanks.

Bob 75 G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/18/2016, 05:40 PM   #84
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob 75 G View Post
My tank is a 75 Gallong FOWLR and I have the regular Current USA Orbit Marine but was thinking about buying the Pro version. Doctors Foster & Smith has it for $100 off until 4-21-2106. It has more color, do you think it would livein my tank up with more color and brightness or would it be overkill for FOWLR because it looks like everyones buying it for reef tanks.
Hi Bob,

The fuller spectrum and the brighter intensity should indeed make the colors more lively. It definitely would not be an overkill as you can simply reduce the intensity if it appears too bright for you. Lastly, we do offer a low-price guarantee so we would be happy to match that lower price for you

Unread 04/20/2016, 02:22 PM   #85
Bob 75 G
Registered Member

Does the USA Marine Orbit Pro have any other colors than white and blue? I would like a light where I can make my tank look red at some times. I seen a you tube video on the Current satellite Pro and I really liked the red look. I think it has green also. Not sure If the new Orbit Pro has the red or close to it option. Thank you for your help on this and I will take you up on the low price guarantee if I decide on this one.

Bob 75 G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/20/2016, 04:17 PM   #86
figuerres
Registered Member

Quote:
Does the USA Marine Orbit Pro have any other colors than white and blue? I would like a light where I can make my tank look red at some times. I seen a you tube video on the Current satellite Pro and I really liked the red look. I think it has green also. Not sure If the new Orbit Pro has the red or close to it option. Thank you for your help on this and I will take you up on the low price guarantee if I decide on this one.
They have several colors of led but the controller and the wiring are how much blue and how much white / main the white part has some red.

Sounds like you might want to check on custom led strips.

:-)

Current Tank Info: 150 reef tank underway, getting it stocked
figuerres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/20/2016, 04:40 PM   #87
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Lightbulb Current USA Orbit Marine

Quote:
Unfortunately, the Orbit Marine Pro does not have the ability to change to specific colors like red or green. The LED colors that are included with the Orbit Marine Pro are the Warm White, Cool White, Magenta, Royal Blue, Ultraviolet, and Deep Blue which are divided between two channels.

The freshwater version (Satellite Plus Pro) does have four preset colors which include the red and green LED’s. This will allow you to create the effect of a solid red or green look but is not designed to be used in for a saltwater aquarium.

Unread 10/23/2016, 01:53 PM   #88
AZReefJunkie
Registered Member

Hi, I'm thinking about setting up a fluval spec V reef. Would this be enough to do sps in that?

Current Tank Info: 8G LED Biocube Reef
AZReefJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/24/2016, 11:23 AM   #89
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Hello AZReefJunkie,

This would be a very difficult task due to the fluctuation that would occur in a tank of that size. People do set up small SPS tanks, but typically stick to the stronger SPS such as birdsnest.

Unread 11/22/2016, 07:51 AM   #90
denubila
Registered Member

Hello,

I have a 55 gallon 48x13x21 that I set up. Looking to keep low light SPS, Mostly LPS and Zoa. Would this light be enough for the tank if i got the 48-60"

Thanks!

Unread 11/23/2016, 10:07 AM   #91
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by denubila View Post
Hello,

I have a 55 gallon 48x13x21 that I set up. Looking to keep low light SPS, Mostly LPS and Zoa. Would this light be enough for the tank if i got the 48-60"

Thanks!
Hello denubila,

Thank you for your message. The Current USA Orbit Marine would be 48"-60" would be perfect for low light LPS and softies. If you have any further questions feel free to reply. Have a great day.

Unread 12/22/2016, 11:27 AM   #92
frankinswine
Registered Member

I've got the 36-48 pro, on a 65 gallon 36Lx18Wx24D.
Will this be suffient for a mixed reef? Mostly wanting LPS maybe a few SPS in the upper 1/4 of the tank.

frankinswine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/22/2016, 11:40 AM   #93
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankinswine View Post
I've got the 36-48 pro, on a 65 gallon 36Lx18Wx24D.
Will this be suffient for a mixed reef? Mostly wanting LPS maybe a few SPS in the upper 1/4 of the tank.
LPS would be fine. SPS is possible with careful selection and placement. A 24" tall 65G tank is a lot for a single Orbit Pro to handle. 2 fixtures would be ideal and would be a lot more flexible.

Unread 12/22/2016, 01:45 PM   #94
frankinswine
Registered Member

I'm guessing that there is not a way to piggyback in a TrueLumen strip to the existing timer? I was thinking of getting the Pro Deepwater blue to add more actinic to color, and was hoping I could have it on the same programming as the other light.

frankinswine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/22/2016, 02:05 PM   #95
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankinswine View Post
I'm guessing that there is not a way to piggyback in a TrueLumen strip to the existing timer? I was thinking of getting the Pro Deepwater blue to add more actinic to color, and was hoping I could have it on the same programming as the other light.
Unfortunately not. However, a simple appliance timer should do the trick

Unread 12/29/2016, 04:08 PM   #96
forestwalker101
Registered Member

I have a 92 gal Corner Tank 48 x 34 x 24 which I am currently lighting with this . The light seems way too white and my coral are doing okay but not great. Would adding a Current USA Orbit Marine Pro LED Aquarium Light 36-48 be enough to keep most corals happy?

Thanks,

Jesse

forestwalker101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/04/2017, 04:03 PM   #97
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestwalker101 View Post
I have a 92 gal Corner Tank 48 x 34 x 24 which I am currently lighting with this . The light seems way too white and my coral are doing okay but not great. Would adding a Current USA Orbit Marine Pro LED Aquarium Light 36-48 be enough to keep most corals happy?

Thanks,

Jesse

Looks like the Fluval light is rated at 35W: which is much too low for a 92 gallon aquarium. Adding the Orbit Pro will definitely help as you are more than doubling the amount of light and adding a lot more spectrum. The two lights should work okay for a mixed reef: keeping corals that require more light towards the top.

Unread 02/20/2017, 09:04 AM   #98
RWB3
Registered Member

I have a 18x48x21 75 g and looking to add BTA. Will this light be good for them? if so which model should i plan on getting?

RWB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/20/2017, 09:30 AM   #99
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWB3 View Post
I have a 18x48x21 75 g and looking to add BTA. Will this light be good for them? if so which model should i plan on getting?
This light will work out for most BTAs especially if they are located somewhere up in your rock work. If the anemone doesn't feel like it is getting enough light it will start to move around your tank until it settles in a place that it likes.

Unread 02/22/2017, 07:49 PM   #100
Reefbuckley85
Registered Member

Just picked up a duel 24-36" kit of the orbit marine pro for a 40g breeder mixed reef with high placed newer acros and was wondering with my radion x30 3rd gen with tir lenses set at 30% what should be my process for acclimating the new lights? I just don't get the coverage with the 1 x30 and being in my living room we're looking to put a canopy up..

Reefbuckley85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
current usa, marine depot, orbit marine, orbit marine pro, ramp timer pro