Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/30/2017, 12:23 PM   #1
neacewood
Registered Member

Neacewood's 75 gallon build

Ok so this is my second tank. I previously had a 29 gallon biocube and loved every second of it. I learned a lot and thought I knew it all. Boy was I wrong.
Being a broke college kid it was perfect but I wanted more!!! So I mad the move on a 100$ 75 gallon drilled tank and stand and started to piece together the tank. It took about 6 months for me to get all of my equipment together and she was finally born April 27 2017

After a 3 week cycle everything came back with zeros and we were off I sold off a few coral and started with what I knew I wanted in the tank. I slowly began adding things as I came across good deals or things I couldn't go with out.

Had a small green hair algae problem and had to get creative on water changes as well as a few diy projects
Now that I've gotten the hook of this whole big tank idea I started this thread. Thanks to everyone who made it possible and hold on tight this is gonna be one hell of a ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neacewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/08/2017, 06:22 PM   #2
neacewood
Registered Member

Little update got a big lot of sps this week and had to get a new rock to hold them all. I've also begain looking into the jaebo dosing pump I think I'm leaning towards BRS 2 part solution. I'm gonna have to build a bracket to hold dosing pump and cover part of the sump for the jugs to set on but we will cross that bridge when we get there.
So here's a few pics before a 15 gallon water change.

Things are starting to get easier as I get used to everything should be seeing good results pretty soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neacewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/12/2017, 07:21 PM   #3
Frank H
Registered Member

Looks good man! How long did it take to start growing the coroline algae in the new 75?

Frank H is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/13/2017, 01:56 PM   #4
tjm9331
Registered Member

looks great! Subbed

tjm9331 is offline   Reply With Quote