Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/14/2019, 07:11 PM   #1
4nReefer
Registered Member

Acro help (growth or sick)

Hi guys, my tank officially became a mixed reef tank like I've always wanted after I added this Ancropora and a stylophora about 2weeks ago. Anyway yesterday I just saw this white spot on the edge of two of the polyps. At first I thought it was a stain from the sand cos he was still acclimating on the sand bed so I tried to dust it off but it wouldn't come off so I tried to clean it off by picking off the speckle when I realised it's part of the baby's skin... now I'm worried is this a sign of growth or is my baby sick? Below is a picture of the acro. As a bonus does anyone know what specific acro this is? My LFS just said acro and when I tried to research there's a whole bunch with this color...lol. thanks for your help.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4nReefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/15/2019, 05:41 AM   #2
mcgyvr
Registered Member

Too small to really see from this side of the internet..
And in the future turn the blue channel way down/off for better color rendition/focus.. Those are important for identification purposes..

Unread 02/15/2019, 05:52 AM   #3
4nReefer
Registered Member

Here's a picture with my white light on...I hope this is better. Thanks.

Unread 02/15/2019, 07:31 AM   #4
mcgyvr
Registered Member

That is better.. could easily be a generic "purple bonsai acro" that needs to color up..

Picture still doesn't get in close enough to see any sufficient details on the white spot..
Its unlikely to be new growth though in that area but rather some tissue necrosis that may or may not be a problem.. Time will tell..

Unread 02/15/2019, 08:01 AM   #5
4nReefer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgyvr View Post
That is better.. could easily be a generic "purple bonsai acro" that needs to color up..

Picture still doesn't get in close enough to see any sufficient details on the white spot..
Its unlikely to be new growth though in that area but rather some tissue necrosis that may or may not be a problem.. Time will tell..
Thanks... I'll keep an eye on it.