Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/17/2018, 04:34 PM   #1
abhishek@1985
Registered Member

Stream 3s or waveboxes with stream 2s

Hi Roger ,

Big tunze fan and still use 8 year old 6104s .
Upgrading to a bigger tank of 48 inch x 40 inch front to back and 20 inch high .

I tend to run very very high flow in tanks .

Looking at some suggestions for flow in a choked acropora only tank :-

1. 3 tunze stream 3 - can I run them such that they can talk to each other and sync between them ?

2. 2 tunze 6214 waveboxes and 2 6105 .

I know I can ask in the forum but not many people have such wide tanks and hence thought of getting your thoughts as you know the capability of tunzes more than anyone .

Regards,
Abhishek

abhishek@1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/18/2018, 10:36 AM   #2
rvitko
RC Sponsor

I would really consider the Stream 3, especially with the new flow rectifier they are a really great SPS pump and very low maintenance. You can connect up to 3 in a slave/master mode without any additional controller, just a Y cable and a straight cable.

The wave boxes could be nice but on a 4ft long tank the wave will be faster and shorter due to the dimensions, for this reason I would lean to the Stream 3.

Thank you!

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/18/2018, 05:01 PM   #3
abhishek@1985
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvitko View Post
I would really consider the Stream 3, especially with the new flow rectifier they are a really great SPS pump and very low maintenance. You can connect up to 3 in a slave/master mode without any additional controller, just a Y cable and a straight cable.

The wave boxes could be nice but on a 4ft long tank the wave will be faster and shorter due to the dimensions, for this reason I would lean to the Stream 3.

Thank you!
As always appreciate your quick and prompt reply. Your customer service is probably one of the biggest reasons I have stuck to using tunzes !

Do you think 2 should be fine in master-slave mode or I should be better with 3 ran at lower speeds ?

Regards,
Abhishek

Unread 09/18/2018, 08:48 PM   #4
abhishek@1985
Registered Member

Also by flow rectifier , did you mean the one posted by Jake in ************ - can't paste the link here ...

Will it be included with the pumps if I buy today from say premiumaquatics or BRS ?

Regards,
Abhishek

Unread 09/19/2018, 07:52 AM   #5
rvitko
RC Sponsor

2 would be fine, I only said 3 because I thought you were asking about 3, I would actually start with just 2.

If the flow rectifiers are not included, just let me know and I will send them at no charge, it is a free upgrade. The pumps in any case will be the same but only pumps made since August have them included.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Unread 11/17/2018, 09:45 AM   #6
abhishek@1985
Registered Member

Hi Roger ,

So am gonna pull the trigger on the tunze stream 3s . But in your experience what's the best placement of these pumps with the flow rectifiers ?

1. Horizontal on each 40 inch side at the back facing the front glass on either side of the tank .

2. Back glass horizontally facing each other on the 48 inch .

Regards,
Abhishek

Unread 11/19/2018, 10:36 AM   #7
rvitko
RC Sponsor

I would place them where you can best hide them, I would try one over the other with about 6" between them or more and one pointing left, one right roughly centered on the back wall. Keep them at least 6" above the sand.

Unread 11/19/2018, 12:46 PM   #8
abhishek@1985
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvitko View Post
I would place them where you can best hide them, I would try one over the other with about 6" between them or more and one pointing left, one right roughly centered on the back wall. Keep them at least 6" above the sand.
Thanks Roger for the reply . Will that create a gyre throughout my tank ?
How strong the flow will be as the tank is 48 inch x 36 inch in depth and 20 inch high ?

Regards,
Abhishek

Unread 11/19/2018, 01:07 PM   #9
rvitko
RC Sponsor

It should, I have no experience with a tank of those dimensions, but on my 6ft tank the flow goes down 6ft, across the 2ft end and wraps back around approx 2ft on the other side, the idea would be to alternate the direction by keeping one pump idling while the other is full power and switching them.