Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/02/2014, 05:53 PM   #26
justinky
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionN View Post
Jimmy told me that he have collectors in a lot of places and he have holding facility that can keep animals for a long time to ensure that they are healthy before shipping them to him. I think those are his facilities, that only shipped to him and not selling to other importers.
It have been several years since I talk to him. Only 2-3 times when I talk to him. He was the one that send be that blue Haddoni that is second to none in term of color.
Have you seen mine Minh?

Unread 09/02/2014, 06:10 PM   #27
CoralsAddiction
Registered Member

Quote:
Jimmy told me that he have collectors in a lot of places and he have holding facility that can keep animals for a long time to ensure that they are healthy before shipping them to him. I think those are his facilities, that only shipped to him and not selling to other importers.
It have been several years since I talk to him. Only 2-3 times when I talk to him. He was the one that send be that blue Haddoni that is second to none in term of color.
I am glad he sent you a nice Haddoni. He is a very nice guy but Hype is the name of his game as someone else already mentioned above. He is a sponsor on another forum and if you read their posts you will see what I mean. They present their Leopard Wrasses as if they were Rhomboids. Works great for him because people buy but those type of fish are dime a dozen in our area.
I've asked for a few items and have offered to pre-pay for what I was asking after he made the same type of sales pitch he made to D-Nak. But he didn't want to go through.
His competitor in the area had very nice blue and red Haddoni anemones just this past week for sale but did not hype it up the way Jimmy does. So honestly not trying to bash him or anything. Just trying to tell people to set more realistic expectations when they deal with him.

CoralsAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/02/2014, 06:21 PM   #28
CoralsAddiction
Registered Member

An email from his competitor I was talking about. Guess the blue had already been sold. I saw it. It was gorgeous.

Unread 09/02/2014, 06:22 PM   #29
CoralsAddiction
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoralsAddiction View Post
An email from his competitor I was talking about. Guess the blue had already been sold. I saw it. It was gorgeous.

Unread 09/02/2014, 08:17 PM   #30
OrionN
Moved on

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinky View Post
Have you seen mine Minh?
No. I did not see your blue. Just your green Haddoni and your Gigantea.
Can he beat this one? This is mine. I know I am a show off

My homepage is my album here at Reef Central

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
OrionN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/02/2014, 08:29 PM   #31
justinky
Registered Member

Quote:
No. I did not see your blue. Just your green Haddoni and your Gigantea.
Can he beat this one? This is mine. I know I am a show off

You tell me BTW I just added one more gig, the pink LTA and this blue so you missed my big update! :P

FTS is cloudy as I was babysitting the pink LTA I had just gotten in, those things are babies to settle in but with proper care during acclimating to the new spot they'll stay where you put them from my experience with this one.

Unread 09/02/2014, 08:38 PM   #32
OrionN
Moved on

Close. You have to take a really god picture of him to compare with mine. In real live, my anemone look just like in that picture.
Sorry D-Nak we hijack your thread.

BTW, did you end up getting anything?

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
Unread 09/02/2014, 08:40 PM   #33
justinky
Registered Member

Quote:
Close. You have to take a really god picture of him to compare with mine. In real live, my anemone look just like in that picture.
Sorry D-Nak we hijack your thread.

BTW, did you end up getting anything?
I can take a macro shot soon to compare, with my cheap macro reverse ring as I think it'll focus on it. If that doesn't work I will grab my larger lens and see if I can find a good spot to get a close up that focuses in far enough. Mine looks exactly like that in person too. Jared told me to buy immediately when I sent him the LFS pic

Edit: Sorry D-Nak <3

Last edited by justinky; 09/02/2014 at 08:49 PM.
justinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/02/2014, 08:51 PM   #34
ca1ore
Grizzled & Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nak View Post
You're talking about the nem at Greenwich Aquaria, right? I would love the think it's a true red gigantea, but I hear even the owners think it might be a hybrid, if that. Having seen photos and videos of it, I can see why people think it may be a gigantea.
Maybe I posted this already, but I have sat in front of that tank in Greenwich for many hours (not in a row) and cannot decide for sure. I believe it to be a hybrid myself.

Got back into the hobby ..... planned to keep it simple ..... yeah, right ..... clearly I need a new plan! Pet peeve: anemones host clowns; clowns do not host anemones!

Current Tank Info: 450 Reef; 120 refugium; 60 Frag Tank, 30 Introduction tank; multiple QTs
ca1ore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/02/2014, 09:09 PM   #35
OrionN
Moved on

There are a lot of Gigantea and Haddoni hybrid out there. I myself have care for at least 2 of these, IMO.

Unread 09/02/2014, 11:44 PM   #36
D-Nak
Registered Member

LOL... I dont mind at all. Very educational and great shots of the nems.

Looking for nems is always secondary to spending time with my family -- this time we went to Universal Studios, watched the A's play the Angels (It was WAAAAAAY to hot for baseball, and what a disappointment!) and making my wife happy by finding all of the Modern Family homes, which was actually kinda fun.

Anyway, I didn't come home with any nems, but it was nice visiting Reef Lounge and being pleasantly surprised by Petco. Next time I plan to visit Rainbow Aquarium and Pond. Clorox shared this cool photo of the purple gig that they have in their DT:

It would be nice to see it. They also have gigs from time to time. Not a red one though! ;-)

Unread 09/03/2014, 05:12 AM   #37
OrionN
Moved on

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinky View Post
You tell me BTW I just added one more gig, the pink LTA and this blue .......

I see that we infected you with the anemones virus through your computer. I am so sorry

Unread 09/03/2014, 05:13 AM   #38
OrionN
Moved on

Close up top down pictures of each of your anemones would be great.